Thirty

"HE'S GOING TO DIE TONIGHT."

Sierra stopped walking to class, pausing mid-stride from the sound of a faint whisper. As she turned, the hallway became deserted and was not bustling like it was a few moments prior. She tightened the grip she had on her textbooks as she started slowly heading to where it came from.

"He's dying."

Sierra picked up her pace from hearing it again. Her heart twisted from its words, trying to guess who it was trying to warn her about. Quickly turning a corner, she froze as she came face to face with the reserve instead of classrooms and lockers. Giant trees loomed over her while rotten leaves surrounded her bare feet. A sharp breeze blew through making her involuntarily shiver into her T-shirt. The books had disappeared while Sierra cautiously glanced around the huge forest, her fingertips trembling by her side.

"Come find me."

Hearing the boy she loves' voice made her immediately halt while a chill ran down her spine.

Stiles.

Sierra's blue eyes jolted open as her body flung forward, her heart beating out of her chest. Her hands gripped onto her bed sheets tightly while she tried to calm herself down...until she realized how loud her phone was ringing. Her gaze flickered over to the device, momentarily stopping on the clock to see that it was a past midnight. She bit down on her lip as she reached for it, praying it had nothing to do with her nightmare. Though, as she read the caller ID she felt her stomach drop.

Quickly, she pressed her cellphone against her ear and sat up straighter in her bed. "Hey, honey, what's up?" she greeted her boyfriend, in attempt to calm her racing heart. "Did you have another nightmare? I can come over if you want." A silent buzz answered her and Sierra furrowed her eyebrows together. "Stiles?" Her head tilted as she heard him breathing heavily on the other side of the line. "Bub, are you there?"

"S-Sierra?"

She felt her blood run cold from hearing the shakiness in his tone. "Yeah, I'm here," she assured him gently, already climbing out of bed. "Are you okay? Can you hear me?"

"S-Sierra, I don't...I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here," he revealed, his breaths ragged. He inhaled sharply, "I-I think I was sleepwalking."

Sierra closed her eyes at his words. "Okay," she nodded to herself and then spoke up so he could hear her clearly. "Um, can you see anything? Just tell me what you see."

"Ah, it's dark," he shared quietly. "It's hard to see but I think there's something wrong with my-"

The click that meant the call had disconnected made her worry run wild. She pulled her phone away from her ear in a panic, her heart rate picking up as she tried to call him back. Her feet paced across her bedroom but paused as she heard his voice. "Hey," he stated.

"Stiles?" she interrupted him.

"It's Stiles and you missed me," his voicemail finished and she shook her head in disbelief. "Most likely cause I'm hanging out with my beautiful girlfriend."

Sierra's face fell as she heard herself laugh, "Are you really making that your voicemail?"

"You bet your ass," he replied happily before the recording cut off. "Leave a message." Sierra tried again, this time pressing down on her screen a little more forcefully. She exhaled deeply as she waited nervously, hoping that this time he'd answer. "Hey, this is Stiles-" Sierra groaned in aggravation, her foot bouncing anxiously as she heard the voicemail. Her hand ran through her short hair, her breathing getting heavier.