Thirteen

TEN MINUTES LATER, Sierra, Stiles, and Cora had only learned little about what had happened to Derek. Jemma was refusing to say anything even though she went to high school with him, but the three knew it wasn't good based on her facial expressions. Peter on the other hand, was just being too vague and dramatic in his answers.

They knew Derek met the girl sophomore year, and at first, the two didn't get along. He was an all-around athlete and she was a musician who loved playing the cello. They were complete opposites.

By now, everyone had moved to sit down. The three teenagers shared the couch, while Peter and Jemma occupied separate recliners. "Wait," Sierra interrupted Peter's storytelling after he revealed the young female's name. "Paige?" Sierra sat up and looked at her older sister. "As in Paige Krasikeva?"

Peter's eyebrows raised in slight surprise and shifted his eyes to Jemma as well, who was refusing to look at anyone

Peter's eyebrows raised in slight surprise and shifted his eyes to Jemma as well, who was refusing to look at anyone. "My best friend," she finally spoke quietly, nodding her head slightly.

"If Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he?" Stiles spoke his confusion aloud and then tilted his head as he saw the ex-alpha. "How old were you?" His light brown eyes squinted. "How old are you now?"

"Not as young as we could've been, but not as old as you might think," Peter responded vaguely.

Jemma rolled her eyes, "Derek was fifteen."

Stiles turned to Cora. "How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen."

"See?" Stiles pointed at her and faced Peter. "That's an answer; that's how we answer people."

"Well, seventeen if you'd measure in years," Cora added thoughtfully, forming a small smile as Sierra groaned.

"Oh my gosh, just drop it. Let's focus back on Derek and Paige. What happened?"

"What do you think happened?" Peter asked her. "They're teenagers."

"Is that your excuse for everything he did?" Sierra retorted with raised brows.

He narrowed his eyes. "Anyways, one minute it's 'I hate you, don't talk to me', the next it's frantic groping in any dark corner they could find."

"That's an understatement," Jemma mumbled under her breath and then raised her voice to answer the questionable looks thrown in her direction. "They were attached at the hip, hung out during any free time they had. Unfortunately, since I was Paige's best friend, I was the one who covered for them when they wanted to go off on their little adventures. That's how I met Derek and became friends with him."

Sierra heard her heart skip as she said his name and noticed how her face had fallen in the slightest way, but didn't push her to say anything more.

"Their favorite dark corner was an abandoned distillery on the outskirts of Beacon Hills," Peter took over again, looking kind of annoyed from the constant interruptions.