Forty-Two

By the time Isaac, Scott and Stiles arrived at the dreaded place, Allison and Kira were already standing in front of the main gate that already had one side recently swung open

Stiles buried his hands in his coat pockets and bit down on his bottom lip to keep his teeth from chattering. Like he had told Scott, he was finding it very difficult to keep warm and being out with the cold chill wasn't doing him any favors. He felt his heart skip a beat when his light brown eyes passed over the letters that spelled, Oak Creek, and the hairs on the back of his neck rose from how uneasy he felt.

The internment camp had obviously not been touched since abandoned from World War II, with vines crawling up the rusting gates and broken windows that left random shards upon the ground. Mizuki and the Nogitsune brought the fight back to where it begun- with Noshiko in 1943. She had been the reason the powerful demon split, but the teenagers weren't there for her. They were at Oak Creek to save Lydia and Sierra.

The five huddled close together in front of the jeep to quickly discuss a plan, since they had all rushed over without speaking first. Everyone's gazes focused on Scott, as he always acted as a leader, though he was struggling to do this without Sierra by his side. They were a team and made the right decisions together but now he was forced to make the call all on his own.

Scott let out a nervous breath before studying his friends. "We've done this before, guys," he remembered, shaking his head slightly. "A couple weeks ago we were standing around just like this and we saved Malia. Remember?"

His brown eyes fell on Allison, who nodded and offered him an encouraging smile to keep going. "That was for a total stranger." Scott paused as he thought of who was at stake the second they walked through the gate.

"This is Lydia and Sierra

"This is Lydia and Sierra. Mizuki thinks that she has us all in the palm of her hand, but she underestimates just how strong we are when we work as a team. She took advantage of Sierra, so if you see her don't let her words fool you. Stiles and I will go in the tunnels while you three stand guard in case we see her or the Nogitsune."

"But if it's Mizuki possessing Sierra, if we hurt her won't it injure Sierra too?" Isaac questioned, double-checking the facts.

Scott nodded and replied, "That's why we have these." He pulled two small syringes from his pocket, holding them up for everyone to see. "It's the lichen Deaton used to poison the Nogitsune when it possessed Stiles. The moment he stuck it in his neck, he fell to the ground. If we can get close enough to Sierra, then we can do the same thing."