Twenty-Seven

"THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU."

Sierra whipped her head at the hiss, only to see no one behind her. A strange snarl echoed throughout her bedroom, which made her ears perk and her hands raise. All she remembered was falling asleep after sending a text to Stiles. Even as she concentrated, she couldn't recall ever getting dressed or waking up.

"You're the one they want," the same voice whispered lowly, sounding farther away. However that didn't stop Sierra from turning around.

The figures came out of the dark, their bodies dressed in armor that resembled the night sky. Sierra quickly reacted, moving to send a tremor to force them back. However, one grabbed her arm immediately, forcing her to look at it closer. Their mask was black but Sierra knew she would never forget their eyes. Amidst the shades of death, two burning yellow-green spheres glared harshly at her.

And all Sierra could think is how much their eyes looked like fireflies.

"Sierra!"

The empath shot up from where her head been laying on her pillow, her blue eyes widening as she gasped for a breath. Two arms shot out to gently grab a hold of her, and she glanced up to see Stiles looking at her in concern. "Are you okay?" he quickly asked, rubbing her arm to help her stop shaking. She didn't know she had been.

Recognizing him, her body immediately relaxed and she let out a deep sigh. "Yeah, I'm fine," she told him honestly, though her face was pulled together slightly as she thought about her dream. "I was just exhausted from last night," she said, rubbing her eyes. "Did you come through the window?"

"No, Jemma let me in," he answered, and squeezed her hand. "Do you want me to make some toast while you get dressed? We have to leave in like ten minutes but you can eat in the jeep."

Sierra smiled and leaned forward to kiss his cheek. "That sounds lovely. I didn't feel like putting in effort today anyways so now I have an excuse to wear a T-shirt and one of your plaid shirts that I stole."

"Take your pick," Stiles chuckled, amused at her eagerness to wear his clothes. "You look better in them than I do. I'll meet you downstairs."

After slipping on her clothes, Sierra met Stiles and her sister in the kitchen where they were conversing lightly. "Danny is having a party tonight for Halloween?" Jemma asked.

Sierra grinned happily as Stiles handed her toast in a napkin while he answered, "Yeah. He literally invited everyone in our grade."

"It's supposed to be really fun," Sierra chimed in. "Danny said that we're supposed to wear neon colors and he has paint we can put on our faces when we get there."

"So you are going?"

Sierra nodded, glancing up at Stiles. "I'd like to."

"I think it's a good idea," Jemma agreed with a small smile as Stiles hid a grin from her sister. "You all deserve a night to just party."

Sierra's face lit up in surprise. "Wait, really?"

"Just be home by five."

Stiles looked at her in confusion. "Um, the party doesn't start until eleven."

Jemma laughed. "Stiles, I meant five in the morning."

"Oh," he realized, feeling slightly embarrassed.

Sierra squeezed his hand at the sight of his cheeks heating up. "Boy, you're lucky you're cute."

*^*^*^*