Coffee

I was standing next to my phone, waiting for it to charge. I was meeting Peter for coffee in about half an hour.

The Avengers were still here. Pepper was too. We decided to start another movie afterwards, and they fell asleep halfway through.

I looked at the charge on my phone. 95%. Close enough.

I put my phone in my pocket and headed downstairs.

I went to the kitchen, where my dad and Steve were.

"Dad, I'm going out for a bit."

"Where to?"

"For coffee ... With Peter."

I should have known this would make them be over-protective.

"Is this a date?" Steve asked.

"It's just coff-"

"I thought you two were just friends." My dad added.

"I don't trust him." Steve muttered.

"It's just coffee, nothing else."

Pepper walked in, "Hey Y/N."

"Hi Pepper." I turned back to Steve and Dad and added, "So can I go?"

"Where to?" Pepper asked me, so I told her.

"Tony, Steve, let her go. She will be fine."

"But-" My dad was cut off before he could say anything.

"She's 15. And you know Peter's a good kid."

My dad nodded, and then added, "You should get going then. Do you need a lift?"

I pulled my phone out my pocket and checked the time. I was running slightly late, it was probably a good idea.

I nodded.

"I'm coming too. Your dad will stay outside otherwise." Pepper said, looking at my dad.

"I would not!" Pepper gave him 'a look', which made him add, "Okay fine, I would. Come on kiddo, you'll be late."

We headed out to the car, as I shouted bye to Steve.

~~

My dad stopped outside the coffee shop. I could see Peter already sitting at one of the tables.

"I'll see you two later."

Pepper turned and hugged me, "Have fun."

"Not too much fun." My dad added. "But stay safe kiddo, love you."

"Love you too, bye." I opened the door and walked into the coffee shop.

I sat at the table Peter was at, and smiled at him. "Hey Parker."

He had texted me before, asking what coffee I wanted. He was so sweet.

"Hey Stark." He ran his hand through his hair. "How long is your dad going to stay outside?"

I looked outside. Peter was right, he was still there. He saw me watching, and waved. I rolled my eyes, and he pulled away. Eventually.

"Yeah, sorry, he's slightly overprotective." Slightly was an understatement. "How much was this coffee anyway?"

"No, no, it's fine, it's on me."

"That's really sweet, thank you." I saw him blush and look down at his coffee.

The date, or whatever it was, was great. We got to know each other a lot more. It really felt like a date. I guess maybe I had a small crush on him. But it wasn't anything serious. Not yet.

We had left the coffee shop, and were walking down the street. We were still just talking, getting to know each other.

I wanted to ask him about Spiderman. I suppose it's probably a good idea to see if he tells me about it.

"So obviously your dad is Iron Man, but who's your favourite superhero?" Peter asked. Was he hoping I would say Spiderman?

"I mean, it's a difficult question, I guess ... Cap. Or Spiderman, he did help me once." He smiled, and looked at his feet.

"He helped you?"

"Yeah, got into some trouble, and he helped. He's a great guy."

I wanted to know if this was a date, so I was going to ask him. I didn't get the chance.

"Did - did you think this was a date?" He asked nervously.

"I couldn't tell. Was it?"

"It wasn't supposed to be, but ..." He went quiet, and didn't finish his sentence.

"But..."

"Never mind. It's not important." I hate when people do that.

~~

Peter had offered to walk me home, so I accepted. I never found out what he wanted to say, but I'll guess I'll have to move on from that.

"Well, this is it." I said, as we stopped outside my house.

"I should get going then."

We stood awkwardly for a little while, until I added, "Do I at least get a hug then?"

He smiled, and he gave me a hug. He gave great hugs.

"See you around Stark."

"See you around Spiderboy."

I opened the door and walked into my house. I only realised what I did when I closed the door.

I called him Spiderboy. Oh shit.