I'm So Sorry, But ...

Remember when I said life was going great? Well, that was only a few days ago. It's the complete opposite now.

I was at school, sitting at a table with Ned and Peter.

"Have you started Game Of Thrones yet?" Ned asked me, taking a sip from his drink.

"Haven't got round to it, I will later."

"She won't." Peter added, "She'll forget."

"That's not true!"

"You guys are such a cute couple." Ned completely shipped us. "And Peter's right, you'll forget."

"Then both of you come over later, we can have a show marathon."

Peter nodded, and ate some of his food. "Sounds good. Are you not worried about your dad embarrassing you again?"

"You've already seen the photo album, it can't get worse that that."

A voice echoed through the cafeteria. It was the loudspeaker.

"Can Y/N Stark come to the principal's office? Y/N Stark to the principal's office, thank you."

"Guess I've got to go, see you both later."

I put my tray away, and headed to the principal's office.

~~

I knocked on the door of the office.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Miss Stark, have a seat."

I sat down in the chair across from him.

"Is there a problem?" I asked him. Did I do something wrong? I don't think I did, but maybe he thought I had.

"You aren't in trouble." Well, that answers my first question. "But there is a problem. With your father."

I started tapping my fingers on the side of the chair. "What's wrong with my dad?"

"I'm so sorry, but he-", he paused for a minute. I hope this wasn't for dramatic effect, "He's in the hospital."

I was speechless. The principal kept speaking.

"He was in a car crash. I'm not completely sure how serious it is, but your family says you should go to the hospital. Someone - I think they were called Natasha - is waiting for you outside."

I was still in shock. How bad was it? What if he doesn't make it? I could feel myself about to tear up.

"Miss Stark, are you okay? Do you need a minute?" Honestly, what sort of question is that? My father could be dying, why would I be okay?

"I have to go." I got up, and left the office. I rushed down the hallway, and out of the school.