The Serum

Y/N's POV

I was 5. I had just woken up, sobbing. I used to have nightmares a lot.

My dad ran in. "Kiddo, what's wrong?"

I shook my head, and he came and sat on the bed with me.

"Nightmares again?" I nodded. "What happened?"

"They- they're trying to get me." I blubbered.

"Kiddo, they won't get you."

"How do you know?"

He got up, "Give me a minute." He left the room.

I wiped my eyes, and he came back into the room, holding something in his hand.

He sat back down on the bed, and showed me what he was holding.

"This, this is a rook." It was a chess piece, but I didn't know that at the time. "And it's magic."

"Magic?"

"Yes, I found it not long ago. As long as you keep it with you, nothing bad will happen."

He placed it on the table next to my bed.

"Are you sure it's magic?"

"Positive. Those things in your dreams won't be able to get anywhere near you."

I nodded, and he smiled at me. I lay back down, and he pulled the duvet back over me.

He leaned over and kissed my forehead. "Try to get some sleep kiddo, I love you."

"I love you too."

He got up and left the room.

After that night, those nightmares didn't come back.

~~

I woke up, and stretched. That's a problem with these cells, there's no beds, I have to sleep on the floor.

I've been here for 2 days. I hate it. I mean, I've been kidnapped, so it wouldn't be great for anyone.

Someone was in the cell besides me, has been since yesterday. A man - he wouldn't tell me his name - who had powers. Controlling the elements, a pretty cool ability really.

I reached over, and grabbed the plate of food they left for me. A piece of bread, a block of cheese and some water. Who wouldn't love this place?

I finished eating, and went and stood at the wall of the cell. The man was sitting on the floor, with the glass of water in front of him. He held his hand out, and the water floated and spun in the air.

"That's pretty cool, how long have you had those abilities?" The man ignored me. "Not much of a talker then, that's fine." He still didn't look up. "Do you want to help me get out of here?"

He dropped the water back in the glass and stood up. He was pale, with dark circles under his eyes. He looked ill.

"These people gave me my powers. I'm one of them now, I don't want to run. Just give in, and let them help you." He turned around and sat back on the floor.

I want to get out of here. I miss Peter. I miss the Avengers. I miss my dad.

I've met Sofia briefly. It was yesterday, they were running tests on me, and she was there. Such a bitch. I'm glad she was never a part of my family.

Speak of the devil. "Morning sweetheart." Sofia walked into the room, followed by two other people I didn't recognise. She went over to the man's cell next to me and unlocked it. "Another mission for you, you know where to go."

The man left, and she walked over to my cell. "It's time."

"Time for what?"

"For the serum. You seem strong, you can handle it. And if not, well..."

"Why must you do this? What have I ever done to you?"

She laughed, and started to unlock the cell. "Sweetheart, it was your father, but hurting you hurts him, and that's all I want."

She unlocked the cell, and the two people behind her grabbed me.

"Let me go!" It was no use.

~~

The room they took me to was small, and looked like a dentists office. They pushed me into the chair, and bound my hands and feet down.

Luke was there, next to the chair, with a syringe in his hand.

Sofia handed him a serum from her lab coat. He took it, and started to prepare the syringe.

"This is a new serum, never been tested before, so there's likely to be side effects." Sofia told me. "But I'd everything goes smoothly, you should consider us. Forget about the Avengers and that Spiderman you're dating. We could be a family."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"That boyfriend of yours, Peter. We know who he is. Your phone gave us a lot of information."

"Leave him out of this. And just so you know, I'd never join this crazy thing you have going here. I already have a great family, I wouldn't swap any of that for you two."

Luke turned around, and injected the serum into my arm. It hurt like hell. Worse than normal injections, so much worse.

"Oh, it might sting." He added, laughing. Thanks.

Sofia shook her head at me. "Okay sweetheart, let me put this another way." She moved closer to me. "Be a part of this family, or we tell the world about your darling Spiderman."

A/N: Thank you for the 2K reads. I know only around 50 people read this book, but it's still nice to know people enjoy it :)