Please Don't Go

Me and Nat had reached the hospital. The car journey had been quiet, with just some small talk.

She hadn't visited him yet, she came to get me as soon as she heard. We both had no idea how much danger he was in.

When we reached the ward, most of the Avengers were already there. It must have looked so weird to anyone else, but I couldn't care less right now. I just wanted to see my dad.

"Steve, what happened?" Nat asked, in a hushed tone.

He pulled her away to the side, and told her something. How bad was it if he didn't want to tell me?

I looked through the door of the room, to see my dad in the hospital bed, with a doctor next to him. His arm was in a bandage, he had an oxygen mask on, and had cuts and scratches across his body.

"Y/N..."

I turned to see Pepper, and I rushed over to hug her. I was in tears, but that was expected.

Nat came back over to the group, followed by Steve. She looked paler than she did before.

"What's - what's happened?" I stammered, as I rubbed my eyes.

They all glanced at each other, before Bruce decided to speak. "There was a crash ... someone hit the side of his car, at a high speed."

"Who hit the car?"

"We don't know ... They was no one in the car." Clint told me.

No one? That isn't possible. A self driving car maybe?

"That's - that's not-" I tried to say, but I couldn't get the words out.

Steve came over to me, and gave me a hug. "We know, we'll explain everything later."

The doctor that was in the room came out to speak to us.

"How bad is it?" Pepper questioned.

She glanced at her clipboard. "This might be hard to hear. He had suffered both head and chest injuries. He has 4 broken ribs, and ..."

I seemed to zone out. I just couldn't listen to how bad it was. I didn't want to lose him.

"Y/N, do you want to go in?" Nat asked me. I nodded, and followed her in.

She closed the door behind us, and I stood next to my dad. It looked even worse close up.

"Will he be okay?" I mumbled, turning to Nat.

She stood in silence for a minute. "He's in a coma, but all we can do is hope."

I pulled a chair up to side of the bed. Nat did the same, and sat next to me.

I reached for his hand, and squeezed it.

"Please be okay Dad ... Please don't go."