Cell

It was the middle of June. I was 7 years old, and was in a field with my dad. We were building a rocket. Not a real rocket, just a model one.

"The instructions say we have to add this bit here," I grabbed a part and attached it to the rocket.

"Okay kiddo, that's the rocket finished. Ready to launch?"

I nodded, and my dad started checking the rocket. He set it up, and picked up the remote.

"Stand back kiddo," I started walking backwards. "Little further, that's good."

He came and stood next to me.

"We need a countdown." I said to him.

"You're right. Okay, 5...4...3...2...1," he handed me the remote, pointing to a key.

I turned it, and the rocket shot up.

"Dad, do you think I'll ever be able to build a real rocket one day?"

My dad knelt down and put his hands on my shoulders. "Kiddo, you can do whatever you want to. You're a Stark, you're brilliant."

~~

That was one of my favourite memories with my dad.

I woke up, in some sort of cell. I sat up, and rubbed my eyes. It took me a moment for me to realise what happened. Luke. That son of a bitch.

"Evening sunshine." Luke was standing outside the cell, grinning at me. "Or is it night? I'm not sure."

"Why are you doing this? I thought we were frie-"

He laughed. "Friends. Oh, we're so far from that."

"What do you want? Why bring me here? Why di-"

"Oh my god, do you always ask this many questions?"

"It's not like I have much to do here." I looked around the room, at the other empty cells. There were 5 other cells, some with scorch marks, some with melted parts. They've been used.

"Let's see ... You're here to carry out our plan. We need you for this."

"Why? And who is we?"

He laughed again. He seems such a different person now. "She wanted you here. You might be strong enough."

It doesn't seem like I'm getting much information from him. "She ... my mother?"

"It's quite obvious really. Are you done with these questions? I've got things to attend to."

"Almost." I stood up, and walked to the front of the cell, "Why bother with those weeks of befriending me, why not just find me in an alleyway or something?"

"We needed information about you. And anyway ..." He paused. "Is it really such a crime to get to know family?"

"We aren't family," I snarled.

"Are you sure sis?"