The Date

I guess this school week was quite boring, so I won't bore you with the details.

I'll give you all a quick overview. Lessons were boring, school was boring, but it's like that for everyone. Nothing has happened between me and Peter since the kiss. A bit of flirting here and there, but that's about it. I think Peter told Ned about it, because he keeps trying to hint at a relationship. He totally ships it.

So that's about the whole week. That's brings up to now, the last lesson on the Friday. Chemistry.

I looked up at the clock on the wall. 5 minutes left. Peter was at the desk in front of me.

I don't know what the teacher was rambling on about. Compounds or bonds or something.

I looked back up at the clock. 4 minutes. It's going so slow.

Peter passed me a crumpled up piece of paper. I hid it under the desk, and read it.

Are you free later?

I grabbed the pen from the desk, and wrote back.

Yes.

He still had his hand ready to receive the note again. I dropped the paper in his hand, and leant back.

I waited for a minute, until he dropped the piece of paper back on my desk.

Coffee? A real date this time.

I looked back at the clock. 2 minutes left. I dropped the paper back in his hand, with my response.

Sounds good.

I sat and waited for the bell the ring. It did. Eventually.

~~

We had finished school, and had gone to a coffee shop Peter knew.

We had ordered the coffee, and were sitting down at a table near the window. It was nice coffee. 

"What's it like swinging round everywhere?" I asked him. I was curious, the webs he made were very impressive.

"It's great. Bit weird at first but you get used to it." He took a sip of coffee. "I could show you sometime."

"Sounds like you're planning the second date already?" 

"I always plan ahead."

The date was amazing. Better than our first almost date. Peter was so sweet, such a gentleman.

We had finished our coffee, so had started walking down the street.

"So what house are you in?" Peter asked me. He was talking about Hogwarts house.

"I'd have to say Y/H/H."

"I think I'm Gryffindor." He reached down and took my hand. 

"You are very brave. You're smart too." 

It was getting dark. Peter stopped, and asked, "I know I said this was for a second date, but how about I swing you home?" That's not a phrase you hear everyday.

"It'd be much quicker."

We went down the closest alleyway, and Peter told me, "Hold tight." 

I wrapped my arms around him, and he lifted his hand to shoot the web up, and swung up.

I've got to say, weirdest thing I've experienced. It was a beautiful view from this high up, but it was high. 

"Is this a bad time to realise I hate heights?" 

"I've got you. You won't fall."

We finally reached my house. Gosh I felt ill.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

I paused for a minute, until I felt less dizzy. "The date was wonderful. Better than our almost date."

"The next one will be different than coffee." He shuffled his feet. "I should get going, May will want me home soon."

"I'll see you around Spiderboy." I kissed him, and opened the front door.

"It's still Spiderman." He chuckled, and I saw him blush. He was really was adorable.

"Sure thing Parker." 

I walked into my house, and closed the door. Looking out the window, I watched as Peter swung away.

I walked through the house, to find my dad and Steve watching the news. Some story about a woman escaping from jail, after about 15 years.

"Tony-" I heard Steve mumble.

"I know, this is very bad." My dad muttered back.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked them, going to sit next to Steve.

"It's nothing," My dad said, as Steve turned off the TV. "How was your date?"