two

"uh, i don't know, rich. i don't think our parents would let us go to a party, especially if it had a higher chance of having drugs and alcohol." stan went on for maybe the 30th time that day, but he only mentioned it if anyone else did.

     "alright, then, since it's friday, just tell your parents we're having a sleepover. they won't be surprised, and they have no reason to say no. and yeah, you wouldn't be lying. you will be staying the night at my place." richie grinned. he was looking forward to the losers having some other fun for once.

     "alright, alright, fine." everyone turned to beverly, either with shock or confusion on their faces. with eddie, it was both.

     "ah, yeah, bev! you know how to have some fun." richie smiled to the red haired girl. when she didn't look too amused, richie let his smile slip from his freckle covered face.

     "you owe us, richie tozier. big time." she stood up straighter, crossing her arms over her chest.

     "alright, alright, fine. what do i owe ya?" richie thought they had everything they wanted, especially with him in their friend group.

     "i don't know. but when we need something, you're the first person we're gonna go to." bev bit her lip, her posture slacking a little bit, feeling almost defeated.

     "so, nothing is really different?"

     "yes, something is different." she spoke with confidence again. "usually, we go to each other for something, but next time, you're gonna have to do something for us. just you."

     richie understood better. he couldn't really think of anything the losers would want him to do that he wouldn't be comfortable with. "deal."

     everyone glanced between bev and richie, almost hesitant, but they all nodded in agreement.

     "alright, then! just talk to your parents and meet me at my house around 6 or so." richie pushed his large glasses back up his nose. "then we'll leave for the party around 8:15."

     "but the party starts at 8. we'd be late then." eddie implied. richie grinned, patting the smaller boy's shoulders.

     "oh, eddie. when it comes to parties like this, it's better to be late. especially if you're fashionably late. and that's exactly what we'll be."

     "will nancy be mad at you?" stan inquired. richie thought about it for a second.

     "she shouldn't. even if she was, we would always make up with some privacy." he winked at stan. the whole group made some 'ew's and 'ugh's.

     "so, you're coming?"

     "yeah." everyone agreed.

     "wonderful. see you at my place, losers." he grinned, saluting them away with two fingers, making his way to nancy's next class where she would be waiting for him when the bell rang.

     "why did we agree to that party, again?" ben asked. all looked to beverly in question.

     "because. richie is right. i mean, come on, we should loosen up every now and then. and, remember, we don't have to drink anything whatsoever if we didn't want to. i think it'll be fun." she smiled calmly, repositioning all the hazelnut stars on her cheeks.

     "b-but, be-everly, what i-if it i-sn't? a-a-and it b-becomes a d-disaster?" bill  managed. bev gave him a quick glance, looking down at her feet.

     "well, i don't know. but i'm sure richie would let us leave if things got too out of hand." she responded. "and if he started drinking too much, he'd definitely want us to take him home."

     everyone nodded. they couldn't lie, they were kinds getting excited about it. eddie, on the other hand, was still a little alienated.

     what if my momma finds out? he contemplated to himself. she'd be furious beyond words. but i trust richie and bev. they know what they're doing. they'll make sure everything goes smoothly and nothing odd happens.

-

reddie happening in the next chapter or so wowie