eleven

the quarry, 11:43 am

richie and eddie approached the quarry, the rest of the losers already there. richie took his last drag of the cigarette he was smoking, throwing the bud on the ground and stomping on it.

"damn, richie, you look like hell." stan retorted, observing his friend's face.

"wow, thanks stan." he replied sarcastically. "but yeah, i feel like hell."

"did anything else happen between you and nancy?" bev asked, lowering her sunglasses. eddie sat next to bill and stan, who were reading the newspapers.

"yeah, actually. we're officially over." richie said calmly, resting his feet on a rock while he sat next to bev. the rest of the losers were in shock, even mike.

"dude, what happened?" ben asked from where he sat.

richie shrugged. "you know what happened." he grabbed another cigarette out of bev's fingertips and lit it. "she got mad that i was making out with someone better than her."

all the losers began laughing, except maybe eddie, who was nervously chuckling while his face was melting.

everyone began having their own conversations, mike with ben, stan with bill and eddie, richie and bev; until bev interrupted them.

"okay, guys, come on, it's like, 80 something degrees out here. let's go swimming." she grinned, standing up and letting her dress fall off her shoulders, exposing a blue and white bathing suite and pale skin.

she smiled at the losers before running and jumping off the cliff and into the cool waters.

"damn, every time. we always get beat  out by a girl." he stood up, too, and began stripping himself of his own clothing. as he did so, he noticed eddie watching him intently.

"take a picture, it'll last longer." richie winked at eddie, who then looked away, startled.

richie took off his glasses and placed them down with his clothes, giving the losers a quick salute before jumping into the cool waters.

everyone looked around at another for a moment before stan broke the silence. "should we go join them?"

bill shrugged, standing up doing just a richie did, the rest of the losers doing the same.

-

in the end, they ending up swimming around for about two hours, playing random games and just talking and laughing. it was fun, and those were the times when all of their worries floated away.

for eddie: his worry that he was actually falling in love with richie and there was nothing he could do about it.

for richie: his worry that eddie might actually he falling for him like he was, and he was afraid things would go wrong.

for bill: his mother and father were contemplating moving away, and he didn't think he could live far from stan and his friends.

for stan: he was wanting to take he and bill's relationship one step further.

for bev: she was questioning her sexuality.

for ben: he wanted to lose more weight, as he just began to lose barely any.

for mike: he just recently decided to finally attend public school, and he was scared.

but all those things vanished when they were all together.

when they finished swimming, the climbed back up to where their stuff was to dry off and hang out for awhile.

almost as soon as they walked back up, richie dried his hands and grabbed a cigarette and began searching for the lighter.

"damn, richie. why do you smoke so much?" bev asked, taking her pack of cigarettes from him and wrapping a towel around her.

"i usually don't." he replied, his eyes never meeting hers while he finally found his lighter. "i usually smoke more when i have a lot on my mind."

eddie took note of this.

"oh, wow." stan retorted. "what does the great trashmouth tozier have on his mind now?"

richie grinned, the cigarette bouncing up and down. "that is only a secret for the mad, my good sir." he added a slight british accent to his response.

bev giggled as she dried herself off. "here ya go, rich." she handed him a towel and he accepted it kindly.

"i thank you greatly, ma'am." he pretended to tip a top hat before wrapping the towel around his shoulders.

-

conversation drifted off slowly, time passing by and a wave of sleepiness falling over all of them. they stayed at the quarry for a long while, talking about various things, like nancy and her bull to eddie's mother, who still wasn't home yet, and probably wouldn't be for another day or two, so he was stuck with richie until then. but he wasn't gonna complain.

"guys, it's almost 7. should we start heading home?" stan asked, slipping his shoes back onto his cold feet. eddie nodded.

"i don't wanna get sick." eddie did the same as stan, his shoes bringing his feet only a little warmth.

bev pouted playfully. "you guys are no fun." she wanted to talk and hang out with them more, but it was getting cold.

everyone gathered their things at that and said their goodbyes. except for richie, who sat on a rock near the edge, smoke floating above him. his back was turned towards eddie, so he couldn't see his face.

eddie watched him for a moment. he still had the towel wrapped loosely around his shoulders, one side handing lower than the other. he seemed to have no intention to get dressed anytime soon.

"rich? come on, you're my ride." eddie sat beside him on the rock. richie shrugged.

"and you're staying at my house, so," eddie frowned. he had a point, but he was getting cold.

"rich," eddie whined. "i'm cold. can we go back to your place? you can just smoke in the car, i'll be fine."

richie did not want to leave right now. all he wanted to do was think. and he didn't wanna give eddie an asthma attack from the cigarette smoke. 

so he handed eddie his keys. "just go sit in the truck for a minute. i'm almost done. " eddie huffed,  but did as he was told.

eddie sat in the truck for no more than five minutes, and in those five minutes, he had unknowingly dazed off. he was shaken awake when richie opened the driver side door. 

"oh, sorry.  didn't realise you were asleep." richie hopped into the car and gently closed the door.  eddie yawned.

"it's fine. i think i needed to wake up anyways. " he didn't wanna fall asleep so early.  it was only a little past 7 now. 

and eddie would be glad he didn't fall asleep so early.

-

IS ANYONE STILL READING THIS YIKES I NEVER UPDATE I'M SORRY

but i have a surprise so ;)