nine

richie's house, 4:41 pm

beverly had left eddie and richie alone when she realized richie had fallen asleep, something which he needed.

bev had left eddie a book to borrow that she thought he might find interesting, and he did, because he didn't lift his eyes up from the book until he heard richie moving around in his bed. bev had take his shoes and glasses off and covered him up so he got comfortable before she left.

richie made a soft grunt as he rolled over, facing eddie. he stared at a sleeping richie for a few moments, examing his some of his freckles made shapes, and how chapped his lips were. when they kissed, they never felt chapped, which was odd.

"take a picture, it'll last longer." a sleepy richie mumbled. eddie's face flushed deeply.

oh god, his sleepy voice. damn.

eddie shook those thoughts away from his mind and stood up, marking his page in the book.

he sat back down beside richie's bed, in front if his face. "how are you feeling?" he asked. richie chuckled.

"like death. my eyes hurt like hell." he closed them again. if he opened them, he'd probably start screaming in pain.

eddie nodded. "that's expected. but, uh, are you hungry? it's just about dinnertime."

"who said what time was dinnertime?" richie cocked an eyebrow.

"oh, well i just assumed that-" eddie's face was red again from something so small.

"i was kidding, eddie spaghetti." he grinned, rolling over and slowing sitting up.

"oh, fuck, eds, where's the aspirin?" richie groaned, putting his hand to his head.

fuck, eds, stop.

yeah eds, stop. stop thinking about that night.

eddie grabbed the pain killers and handed them to him. how does he always swallow them dry?

"ya know," eddie played around with his thumbs. "i-i think you look better without your g-glasses."

richie smirked. "don't go all stuttering bill on me now. but noted."

"but you still look adorable with them on!" eddie rushed out, making sure richie didn't get the wrong idea.

"eddie, you might wanna stop talking.''

"yeah, okay." eddie's voice cracked. "well, what do you want for dinner?"

richie hummed as he sat for a second, before rubbing his eyes and putting his glasses on. he opened his eyes.

"well, shit. my eyes will probably hurt for a couple of hours." he shrugged, shoving the covers off of himself and throwing his legs over the edge standing up. "i don't know, though. we'll have to go see what i have."

eddie nodded and began downstairs, richie close behind him.

"i might have some rice or something we could make, but i don't know." richie shrugged unknowingly.

"that's fine. i'm just really hungry." eddie whined.

"why didn't you eat earlier?"

"because you were asleep and i didn't wanna eat without you." eddie completed as the entered the kitchen. richie looked down at him

"cute, cute, cute." he pinched eddie's cheek, like a grandma would.

"stop, i hate that!" eddie complained in a high pitched voice.