eight

the last chapter had a lot more angst than i had planned yikes im sorry but i don't know how to make a story interesting without making it angsty as hell so

11:56 am, richie's house

eddie's mother wasn't home, and she really wasn't wanted eddie home by himself, so eddie stayed at richie. beverly had no reason to go home, so she just stayed, reading her books on richie's messy bed.

"okay, guys," richie walked in to his room, his hair soaking wet from his shower. "i'm about to go to nancy's house and see what's up with her. bev, are you staying about night?"

"nope. i'll probably leave when you get back so eds won't be alone." she smiled at eddie, who smiled back.

"alrighty. and you, eddie spaghetti?"

"probably. my mom said she's be back in a couple of days or so." he shrugged
"i'll probably just sleep on the couch or something."

richie took a comb and combed his hair carefully. "no, it's fine. you can sleep in my bed. as long as you don't give me a blowjob in the night, i'll be fine." richie grinned, but his eyes never moved from the mirror.

eddie became flustered at that. he wasn't expecting it at all. though, he should've been, that was just richie.

beverly snorted, her book falling from her hands.

"okay, i guess i'll see you guys later." richie ran his fingers through his wet hair, some water flying here and there.

fuck, eds, stop.

that's the only thing that went through eddie's mind. he mentally slapped himself. he's supposed to be forgetting that even happened. it's almost as if every little thing reminded him of last night.

richie gave a quick two-finger salute before walking out his bedroom door.

"make sure you use protection, richard!" beverly called, her eyes never moving from her book.

"fuck you, beverly marsh!" he called back, but you could almost just hear the smile on his face.

both eddie and bev giggled, hearing the front door close.

nancy's house, 12:26pm

richie approached the dark door to nancy's semi-large home. he lifted his fist to the door and began knocking.

"nancy? babe, it's richie." he called. footsteps could be heard, then the unlocking of a doo, then nancy at an open door.

"i don't want to talk to you." she said bluntly.

"nancy, just hear me out-"

"no, richie." she didn't look angry, sad, if anything. "i just need some time to think about things, take a break maybe."

"but nancy, i was drunk and it's just a game and-"

"really, richie? if it was just a silly game, then why the hell were you so into it?" she snapped.

okay, now she's getting a bit angry, he thought.

"i didn't, nancy, i'm not gay!" he yelled, reaching his arms out, his eyebrows furrowed.

"oh, really? try telling me that next time you make out with that queer and don't get a large ass boner!" she screamed back, slamming the door in his face.

there he stood on her porch, appalled. he wasn't expecting it to be that bad.

well shit.

richie's house, 1:08pm

richie approached his home, ending his 3rd cigarette and stomping on it. he grabbed another from his pocket, lighting it with his half-empty lighter. he opened the door, walking in and closing it lightly and leaning against it.

"richie?" an all too familiar female voice called out. "how'd it go?"

he sighed, taking a long drag from his cigarette and blowing out right before he walked into his room so eddie wouldn't have an asthma attack. eddie and bev weren't that far from where they were when richie left.

"fuck me." he mumbled, plopping down on the edge of his bed, facing the ceiling, blowing smoke.

"uhm, no thanks." bev looked disgusted. "but did something happen?"

"if something didn't happen, i wouldn't be on my 4th cigarette and contemplating shoving my fist through a wall." he never glanced at bev, only taking another drag from his cigarette.

"well, what happened, dumbass?" eddie asked sourly.

richie paused for a second, blowing smoke quickly before talking. "she basically broke up with me. that's it. she just said we needed a break, that she had some stuff to think about and she wanted time to think about it." his voice cracked as he spoke. "but my dumbass self doesn't know how to shut up, and now she's pissed." he sat up, just so he wouldn't choke on his own sobs in case he did start crying. with his arms on his knees, he leaned over, sobbing silently. he really didn't care if they saw him or not, which they most likely did.

and that they did. bev looked over at eddie, who was slowly walking up to richie as if he were a wild animal and trying not to scare him off.

"r-rich?" eddie placed his hand on richie's shoulder, sitting on his right side, while bev sat on his left.

richie always thought when his mom beat him endlessly and he cried, he thought those were his lowest times. but this. this was different. he had completely hit rock bottom. and he didn't think his best friends would be here to see it.

he stood up suddenly, going to the sink to put out his cigarette, but went right back to the bed where he sat between bev and eddie, in the same position with his face in his hands.

he leaned back again, relaxing on to the bed. bev and eddie did the same, laying against his chest.

"i'm sorry, richie." bev mumbled, her breath tickling his neck.

"it's my fault, really. i caused this myself.'' he sniffled.

eddie looked up at him, watching the tears flow down his cheeks, magnifying his freckles which he loved. eddie hated that richie blamed himself. if you thought about it, it was no ones fault, really. it just kinda happened.

all three lay there for who knows how long, richie's aching eyes falling shut and dragging him down in to sleep.

-

am i updating too much? sorry

but have some sad fluff