{Chapter One}

So yeah, chapter one, editing after like 3 years of this book being published. Please, for the love of whatever bullshit thing you worship, don't constantly comment every two paragraphs and fill up my god damn notifications. Please and thank you-  Managment))

You had just moved to Derry with your father and brother. You had heard awful things about that place but it was surprisingly comfortable. Why would such a nice place be labeled as 'dangerous'? You shrugged it off as you stared at your new house. It was small, like a cottage, and had two rooms and one bathroom. Your father insisted that you and your twin brother share a room.

"Come on (Y/N), buck up. I'm not such an awful roommate like you think I am." your brother teased, nudging you softly. "Sure Barney..sure." you replied as your dad opened the door and motioned for you guys to bring your stuff in. The living room was furnished with white and gold chairs, lamps, and tables. "Wow..this is like a luxury vacation." Barney said loudly, just to annoy you.

"This was actually really cheap for what we got." your father commented as he set his bag on one of the chairs. "So this is out new house?" you asked, just to make sure it wasn't some sort of joke. "Of course it is, numb skull." Barney said under his breath, staring at you with his bright (f/c) eyes. "Well I was just making sure!" you yelled, crossing your arms. Your brother wasn't the nicest person at times like this...

~time skip to dinner~

"Alright kids, what do you want? Pizza or Chinese food?" your father asked as he started to set the table for your first dinner in Derry. "Pizza!" you and your brother yelled at the same time, glancing at each other with the same sly look.

There was a sudden, sharp pain in the back of your head. You gasped in pain and looked around, realizing that your brother and father were now...gone. Just..disappeared.

You stared into the dining room to see that the table was set, and in the center was a single red balloon. It didn't move, rather just floated in one spot over the table. On it in white writing was 'I love Derry!'. The smell of cotton candy, popcorn, and...the smallest hint of sewer? filled the room. It was...strange. Without warning the balloon popped, making you yelp in surprise. The rubber of the balloon was nowhere to be found and the smell started to fade as your brother and father ran in, looking worried.

"What happened?" Barney asked, staring at you with narrowed eyes. "There was a balloon in here and it just POPPED!" you exclaimed, your heart beating quickly from the sudden scare. "A balloon?" Barney tried to hide his laughter. "Yes, I'm telling you! A balloon was sitting right there!" you pointed to the center of the table. "And it just, poof! Popped, exploded!"

You dad placed his hand on your forehead. "Are you feeling alright?" he asked quietly, looking worried. "I'm telling you the truth! I'm not sick!" you cried desperately, still feeling terrified. Was it just an illusion? A hallucination? A prank? What the hell just happened?

Was this how you were welcomed to Derry?