{Chapter Ten}

You couldn't sleep. Though you were comfortable and a bit relaxed, you still couldn't sleep. Not with Pennywise so close.

He looked relaxed and calm, and was holding you close to his chest. It wasn't a clingy sort of grip, more loose and respective. As if he'd let you move if you wanted.

Soon you started to doze off, subconsciously snuggling into Pennywise's chest and yawning. "Good night, sweet cake.." he said quietly and rubbed your back as you fell into a dreamless, blank sleep.

Your dream was blank, for the most part. It was pure white with little hints of red here and there. Little red balloons. You could hear voices calling your name, sounding like..Barney and Dad..

When you woke up, Pennywise was spooning you. He was asleep now, his arms wrapped loosely around your shoulders as drool fell from his mouth. You flinched as some of the liquid fell onto your face.

You tried not to freak out, your face turning red as you realized that he was waking up as well. "Sweet cake..?" Pennywise asked quietly, his voice much deeper then before. "What's wrong? Did you not sleep well?"

"O-Oh, it's nothing! Just...w-woke up from a bad dream.." you whispered as his arms tightened around your shoulders and he pulled you closer. You could feel his hot breath against the back of your neck. "Are you ok now?" he whispered, pressing his nose to the back of you neck. You shivered then quickly nodded.

"Alright then, my sweet cake.." Pennywise mumbled, his eyes glowing bright blue as he kissed your neck. You squeaked in surprise. He'd never done this before...what was he planning. Was he trying to scare you? Was this whole 'being sweet' thing just a joke so he could get your hopes up them smash them down again?

"Calm down, my dear.." he whispered in a soothing tone and placed his hands on your belly, pressing his chest against your back. "I'm not going to hurt you.."

"Would you like me to get you something to eat, sweet cake?" Pennywise asked and sat up, letting go of you. You quickly sat up as well, turning to stare at him. He looked at you with a small smile, giggling quietly.

"Yes..please.." you said quietly with a hopeful smile, placing your hands at the center of your chest as if praying. "Alright then..I shall return later." Pennywise responded and stood up, swiftly running down one of the tunnels.

You watched him leave then sighed quietly, staring down at yourself. Pennywise was strange, and changed his attitude all the time. You were confused and scared and didn't know what to expect when he came back. You didn't know if you'd see those beautiful blue eyes...or the horrid orange ones.

You started to panic. What if he was getting you food and poisoned it? You need to escape. And this time, make sure he didn't find you. Barney and Dad probably missed you a lot and were searching for you at this very second.

You quickly got off of the bed, trying to keep your breathing steady and calm. If you got scared, he'd smell your fear and know exactly where to find you. It didn't work. You started to break down and cry, falling to your knees as tears fell down your cheeks like a storm.

You tried to stop, sobbing loudly and whimpering. You couldn't stop it. You needed to cry. Holding in your emotions because of some clown was not the best idea. It had taken its toll and you let out all of your sadness, all of your anger and fear.

Your tears started to form a puddle around you, grease and slime mixing in with the pure water. It swirled together, looking like a storm from hell. You just cried more, taking short, fast breaths of air.

After about ten minutes you calmed down and leaned against the dirty mattress, wiping your face with your dirty sweater sleeve. Everything seemed to be overwhelming as you looked around. The pile of dead children, the random toys and beds everywhere, dried blood and broken bones...it all made you sick.

As you stood up again to try and make your escape, you screamed as Pennywise pinned you down on the bed, sitting on your hips and giggling. "Hey sweet cake! I'm back!" he exclaimed and clapped his hands, smiling sweetly.

You glared at him, crossing your arms. "Why don't you kill me already? I'm just one meal. What's the point of keeping me around?" you asked and looked away from him. "I...I told you. I always save the best for last." Pennywise muttered, staring at you with a saddened expression. "i guess you'll float soon...your fear is started to fade away.."