{Chapter Twenty-Three}

A few more hours went by and there was still no sign of Pennywise. You didn't think much of it, sitting there on the mattress with the blanket wrapped around your shoulders.

You were thinking. Thinking about Barney, and the little plush, and your child and yourself. What was going to happen? What was Barney gonna do when he got home? What was he going to say? Ad how was Pennywise going to react to having twins? He'd probably never taken care of just one child before, let alone two!

You shifted a bit and laid down on the mattress, feeling an oncoming nausea wave. You didn't want to get up and hoped that it would pass, closing your eyes. You slowly drifted into sleep, the awful feeling slowly fading.

Dark, darker, yet darker...that's what the dream was filled with. Darkness and nothing else. No noise, no flashing lights, nothing...just darkness.

The darkness was soothing, it cleared your busy mind and help you answer some of your questions. Barney would be fine, he'd go home and his wounds would heal over time. If he was smart, he wouldn't say anything to dad...even if it hurt him to keep this huge secret.

Pennywise...that clown that you fought against falling in love with...you didn't know how to answer your questions about him..he was a total wild card. You hated that about him..yet it was one of his best aspects.

A voice spoke. The voice of the plush.

"(Y/N)...you love him...you really do. But to accept this, you need to stop fighting it." the plush said as it appeared in front of you. It was no longer a plush...more of a real cat. Its bright yellow eyes shone brightly, his smile wide and happy.

"Who are you, really?" you asked quietly, tilting your head and staring at the cat. "Me? Oh, I'm your best friend. When you were a little kid, you always wanted me to be your friend. Every time you watched my movie, you wanted me to be your friend." he explained, giggling.

"So you're like...a guardian angel?" you asked, smiling slightly. "You could say that...call me Chessie!" the cat exclaimed, holding out his paw. He was much smaller then you but acted much bigger then he really was. You shook his paw, smiling down at him.

The sound of crying made you both look around. "Uh oh, sounds like someone's here." Chessie commented, disappearing. He was right. The cry wasn't from inside your dream, rather the outside of it.

You slowly started to wake up, the blackness that surrounded you fading. You yawned and sat up, stretching and looking around the dimly lit lair. Everything was silent, save for the quiet sobs coming from one of the tunnels.

You sighed and stood up, wrapping the blanket around your shoulders. Following the quiet sound, you went into one of the tunnels, seeing the dark and gloomy figure of someone far off. It was none other then Pennywise.

Wait...Pennywise? Crying? This had to be a dream. You'd never seen him cry. Not one tear. Now here he was, right in front of you. Sobbing and crying like he hadn't cried for years. You stared at him, your heart aching as he continued to cry, tears rolling down his cheeks.

He didn't seem to notice you as you got closer, your own eyes filling with tears. As evil as this monster was, seeing him cry was one of the most heart wrenching things ever. You gently took his hand in yours, making him gasp and jump.

He stared at you, his eyes shining with tears. His bottom lip quivered slightly as he took deep, ragged breaths.

"(Y/N)...I'm so sorry..." Pennywise whispered and pulled his hand away from you, turning away. "I'm so..so..sorry." he started to repeat his words, getting louder and louder until he was screaming things like 'I'm sorry for what I did!' and 'I hate myself so much!'

He dropped to his knees, covering his face and sobbing. You stared at him with a sad and tired expression, gently setting your hand on his shoulder. He flinched violently and whimpered, taking a glance at you hesitantly.

You stared at his almost lifeless blue eyes, sighing quietly. You sat down next to him on the ground and threw the blanket to the ground, leaning on his shoulder. Pennywise looked confused and hopeful, hesitantly putting his arm around you.

You two sat like that for a few minutes in silence, neither of you saying a word. Pennywise eventually stood up and pulled you up with him, grabbing the blanket and wrapping it around you. "I'm really sorry sweet cake.." he whispered, not making eye contact with you.

"I've never felt this way...so...warm and happy. I've never felt this around anyone...it's weird..anyway, let's go back...I'll get you food while you rest.." he said quietly, picking you up like a small child. He gave you a quick kiss, making you smile slightly.

You still had to tell him something though...something important.

'Meh...I'll do it later.' you thought and leaned against the clown's shoulder.