Chapter Three♥️

{Kirstie}

I ended up crying myself to sleep.I woke up around 12 at the smell of bacon.Turkey bacon of course.I was about to roll over when my knee connected to a little head.Avery shot up and started screaming.I regretted it immediately.I sat up and pulled her into my arms.I repeatedly apologized and peppered lots of kisses on her head.

Me: "Mommy's so so so so so so so sorry."

Avery: "My head still hurts."

I carried her downstairs and placed an ice pack on the growing egg.

Me: "Better?"

She was on the island holding the pack.Her little head nodded slightly due to the pain.

Me: "You must have a headache too now.Right?"

Avery: "Yeah.."

I gave her something for it.Alexa came back in and took the bacon out of the oven.

Alexa: "What happened Precious?"

Avery: "Mommy kneed my head.

Don't worry.She didn't do it on purpose like daddy does."

The whole room went silent.Even the birds outside stopped chirping.

Alexa's eyes fell on me.

Alexa: "Kirstie,honey."

I teared up and ran up to the room.I hated that she said that.I never want to explain that to anyone.I heard the door open hoping it was Avery,but it wasn't.

Alexa: "Kirst.."

I continued to lay down.

Alexa: "Do you want to talk about it?"

Me: "Not really."

I nodded.I told Alexa everything.

Except that one thing.She wasn't only my stepmom,but my best friend too.I didn't tell her about how Jeremy was both an emotional and physically abusive towards us both.

How he came home drunk almost everyday.How he threw Avery against the wall and went to me when he got tired of her.It was so bad that he actually...

I teared up more at the memory.It would be even worse if I told him I didn't want to do it.He would just pin me down and please himself.

There were times when I actually cooperated so the pain wouldn't be so bad.I was sobbing.Alexa sat down beside me on the bed and rubbed my back.

I heard the door open again.I didn't need to look up.I knew it was my dad.And it wasn't because of his deep sigh.He sat his phone down and sat at my feet.

Dad: "I'm sorry baby girl.Jeremy told me everything."

I sat up and glared at him.Words came out of my mouth like vomit.

I didn't even think before they came out.

Me: "It's pretty sad that you don't even believe your own daughter.

You called that scumbag.And guess what?He told you the same God damn thing!It took me 6 months to get the guts to leave.It wasn't just the cheating!He abused Avery and I in all the ways you could think of!"

Dad just sat there shocked.I looked at Alexa and smiled.She was crying.

I hugged her tight and she kissed my head.

Me: "Alexa,thank you for having us.

We love you so much,but I think it's time for us to go."

She nodded and squeezed my hand.I grabbed mine and Avery's bags.It was easy since I didn't even put our stuff away.