Chapter Four♥️

{Avi}

'And so we'll hold

Each other close

And then we know

We're standing by'

A knock came on the door.Esther peaked her head in and chuckled.

Esther: "If ya two forgot.It's Christmas Eve.Av,we have to get going to mom and dad's."

Her gaze from me went to Kevin's.

Esther: "Kev,you wanna come?"

Kevin moved out here to go to ULCA to pursue his medical career.All his family lives in Tennessee.So he doesn't have anyone to celebrate with.

Kevin: "If it's alright.I don't want barge in."

Me: "Barge in?I wouldn't call it barging in if mom and dad got you presents."

His eyes widened and looked at Esther.She chuckled and nodded.

Esther: "It's true."

We got up and piled into the car.They ride was a semi long one so we talked.Which was mostly Kevin and I.Esther sometimes budding in.We were talking about a football game that had Kevin bitching about.If you asked me.All football is grown men in tights chasing after a damn ball.

Every time I sat that I get my ass chewed out.Not only by Kevin,but my dad too.Kevin would often watch games with my dad.It was like the Super Bowl every time those two got together watching games.It was ten times worse when it was the actual Super Bowl.

Kevin's phone dinged and he looked down at it.I smirked and turned around.He looked up at me and I raised a brow.

Kevin: "What?"

Me: "Your phone has been nonstop dinging since Monday."

It was Saturday.So almost a week.

Kevin since Esther hasn't been on any dates.I'm not kidding and that's been a while.

Kevin: "She's just a friend."

Me: "Friend."

He threw a bottle at me when I smirked and made air quotes.It actually hit Esther and I made an Oo face.She quickly glared at Kevin and then went back at the road.

Kevin: "Sorry Es."

Esther: "Better be."

Kevin: "Anyways back to you faggot."

I chuckled and mocked him.

Me: "Anyways back to you faggot."

He flipped me off and I laughed more.Kevin was and will always be a classy person.He didn't swear often,but when he did.It was always damn,shit,or faggot.Occasionally bitch came out,but that was when he got really pissed at me.There was a few times.

Another bottle slipped between his fingers and he threw it making sure it hit me.I threw it back and he swatted it away hitting a window.

Kevin: "Essy,you gotta clean this thing.I can barely see the ground."

I laughed and mindlessly scrolled through Insta.

Esther: "Tell ya buddy there.I pay for this thing.The least he could do is clean it."

They chatted a bit and my mind went elsewhere.I didn't invest into it.

I made a pattern liking all seven posts so far.Until this one.It broke my heart.Screw broke.More like it was glass and it got shattered by someone smashing it with a hammer.Threw each and every one piece gluing it back together then throwing it into a gas chamber just got it to get ruined again.