Chapter Nine♥️

{Kevin}

January 3rd,2018.Avi has been in a coma for 9 days.The doctors had told us they put him back into a coma.The seizure was too much on his body and would most likely not make it.Everyone was in distraught and tearful.I had to be strong.

Everyone else had broke down.Even Zoe,

her and Avi never got along.

I was now in Avi's room with Kirstie,Avery,

Esther,and Darien.Kirstie was in my arms fast asleep.My heart ached for her.I knew her.She's been my best friend since I could remember.She took it the hardest.

She must really love him...Avery was besides me on my phone watching Shimmer and Shine.

No one really had the energy to do anything.The staff were nice enough to bring food up here while they did it with the patients who were awake.We only had breakfast yet and Kirstie didn't eat hers.

She begins to stir.I rub her arm and she opens her eyes.

Me: "Hey little one."

Kirstie: "Hey."

She returns my smile and got up to stretch.Avery took the opportunity to climb onto my lap.

Esther: "There's food for you Kirst."

Kirstie yawned and ate.She brought the trays out and came back in with a face.

Esther chuckled.

Me: "What's up?"

Kirstie: "Why is hospital food so nasty?"

Darien: "Because they figured that people are already dying here nasty food will-.."

Esther: "Dar!"

Him and Kirstie laugh.Esther still looked pissed.

Darien: "You love me."

He pressed his lips onto hers in which she quickly pushes him away.

Esther: "Don't kiss me with that dirty mouth.You need help."

Darien: "Because I've lost myself in your eyes and I can't get out."

I chuckled and Kirstie awed.

Esther: "You are so cheesy."

Kirstie: "But it was cute.You gotta admit that Es."

*Later*

I had told Kirstie if she lied down with Avi would give her a fifty.Sure enough.She crawled up and laid her head on his chest.

She's been like for an hour now.Esther couldn't stop laughing at her.

Me: "Kirst,get off."

Kirstie: "You're only saying that because you don't wanna loose fifty dollars."

Cuddle time got cut short when they came in and said they needed to take him down to MRI.They said we were fine to stay in the room.The room was quiet all our eyes were on Esther.

Me: "You okay Es?"

Esther: "I just don't want him to have another bleed."

Three bleeds in less than two weeks would be bad.No one really knew why he bled the second time,but the doctor said if he did it again he could bleed out and die.

Darien wiped the falling tears off her face.

Esther: "It just pisses me off.My parents don't want to come."

What?That surprised me.As much as Mike and Shelley were invested in their work.

They always cared for the three of them.

Me: "Enough with the sad talk."

I brought Kirstie and Avery over to the couple.We joined hands and I lead a prayer.

{Kirstie}

I really hoped Kevin's prayer worked.Avi didn't deserve to have another bleed.It was now 75 minutes since they too him and I was getting worried.Their usual fifty took long.I paced the room until Darien stopped me and pulled me to them.

Me: "This is taking too long."

I nodded.

Esther: "I mean...they would've told us if they took him into surgery.Right?"

Kevin: "Unless they took him into emergency surgery."

A few minutes later they came back with him and the doctor asked for Esther.Her and Darien go.The nurse was hooking Avi's back up to everything.When she's done everything she lays a hand on my shoulder and smiles.

Nurse Angie: "God bless you Angel."

She leaves and I looked at Kevin very confused.I was wondering why he wanted Esther.They came back in and Esther was balling.I ran to her wheelchair and took her hands.

Me: "What's going on?I-Is he alright?"

She smiled and nodded.She took one of her hands and pushed back my hair.

Esther: "You did it again Kirst."

Me: "What?"

I looked up at Darien who was smiling and back at her.

Esther: "Your magic.You cuddled him and he's better."

Me: "Better?"

Tears filled my eyes.

Esther: "His aneurysms are gone.No more bleeds."

I slapped a hand over my mouth.The tears were flowing down.I got up and hugged her with my free arm.

Okay..maybe I am a miracle.I helped cure this stranger I had fallen in love with.

*Later*

I came back to my mom's for a little while.

To get more stuff and to drop Avery off.

As much as loved being at the hospital with me.She wanted to be back with Bela and Auntie Graycie.I grabbed a flannel and stuffed it into the bag and a pair of jeans.There that should be good.

As a zipped the bag up my silver met my eyes.The diamond sparkled and my heart hurt.I went over to my bag and pulled out a red bandana.I carefully unfolded and it still stunk of Jeremy(in a good way).I took off both rings and tied the piece of fabric right not wanting to loose them.I didn't want to wear them anymore nor just throw them away.He told me that his Granny gave them to him before she died.One day I was going to go to his parents and return them.But not today.