two. the constant battle of the mind

Lucius Tyrell wasn't a good man

Lucius Tyrell wasn't a good man. The angel figure we saw that night had slowly turned into the devil. In his promises of saying that he would protect us, it slowly faded into a chain of continuous lies. He had no intentions of protecting us, those were just words to reassure himself a safe spot in the organization. He wore a suit and a tie to contain his massive ego, preferably I wanted to choke him with the striped fabric.

After the break-in of the mysterious heroes, the organization took extra precautions. Bars became thicker and doors became deadbolted. Rations had magically become smaller and we had been limited to a cup of water a day.

I sat in my cell, staring at the water in the small plastic cup. I poured it into the bucket beneath me, the water splashing against itself. I slid the bucket underneath my cot, covering it with the small sheet of cotton they would give us for warmth so we wouldn't deteriorate in the cold.

"They're going to find it" the woman smiled, sitting across from me. "It's becoming contraband!"

I shook my head looking at her.

"35!" A guard yelled, causing me to jump. "What did I say about talking?"

"Don't do it" Ginny frowned, mocking his deep, raspy voice. She chuckled at her impression. The guard glared at her, taking out his keys, opening up the cell. This became a routine for Ginny; the guards would grab her and take her to sanitation. She would never tell the stories of the feared room, she would continue to smile.

The guard glared at me before grabbing Ginny, her smile never faded, I took inspiration in her strength but I never got a chance to use it.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Lucius trudged in, his hands motioning to the guard to settle down. The guard looked to Ginny and then to Lucius "Ginny Grace, Soldier 35. I'm taking her to sanitation."

"What did she do?"

"Talked. She has been talking for years and will never shut up." The guard tightened his grip on Ginny, the tension in the room grew uncomfortable. "Well, she deserves more than sanitation."

Ginny's smile turned into a frown. I looked at Lucius and the guard, I had never heard of anything worse than sanitation and I doubt there was, it was just an empty threat.

"Let me take her" The guard looked confused, but nevertheless he agreed and slowly passed along Ginny as if she was a doll.

"Eliza, don't let them touch my things!" Ginny smiled being pushed down the halls. That was the last time I saw her smile and as much as I hate to admit it - I missed it.

Stacks of guards fell into our cell, they were directed to take her things. "Oh no, don't take her things - she will be back!" Lucius yelled at the end of the hall. His hands were still attached to Ginny's arms, she didn't struggle against it, she never did, but this time it seemed different. Even in hell, Ginny managed to keep her innocence and wore a smile on her face even if she didn't mean it and all at once, that innocence faded into the shadows.