thirteen. a proper funeral

"Please, Elizabeth - 77, whatever your name is, don't do this

"Please, Elizabeth - 77, whatever your name is, don't do this. I beg of you." The girl cried on the floor, her ribs concaving in, bruises covering her body, staining her in different colors. "You don't have to do this, don't let him get in your -" Her words were cut off by a bullet in her head, Lucius held the gun, chuckling slightly to himself.

"You failed, 77. You cannot hesitate when it comes to killing people. No food for the day." He said patting me on the back, another "soldier" stepping on the purple duct tape x. I nodded at his words, watching the other prisoner.

I was placed back in my cell, Ginny looking at me with a small smile. She closed her book, sitting next to me. "So, tell me, how was it?" I shrugged laying my head down on the thin pillow. I had gotten nightmares from the events that would happen at "training," rewatching the executions of the ones who had been marked weak.

"Well, that's a better response than the last one, hope you are doing well?" Ginny asked, trying to spark a conversation. She had told me that I was allowed to talk and that I shouldn't be afraid of what would happen if I did. I shrugged again, trying to find a comfortable position, hoping she would understand that I was trying to sleep. She stood from the bed, walking over to her own. "Well if you ever want to talk about it, I'm here."

"35! Do I stutter when I tell you not to talk or do you just have bad ears?" A guard came up the cell with his arms folded angrily. She acted out zipping up her lips, throwing away the key with a small smile. He rolled his eyes, walking over to another guard.

The cell fell silent, I could feel the hard stare of Ginny trailed with a raspy sigh.

I stood by the casket of my old friend, holding her favorite book, although I didn't have the original copy, I thought it would be fine. I laid the book on her stomach, wrapping it with her cold hands. A tear slid down my face, falling onto the pink shirt they put her in. Sam patted me on the back, squeezing my shoulder slightly.

The view of Ginny, lying down dead didn't scare me. I had seen enough death in the facility that it didn't faze me anymore. I was taught that things like death just have to happen at some point by my mother and Lucius. What scared me was all of the times I didn't respond to her or ignored her because I wanted her to leave or how I pretended to sleep so she wouldn't bother me and how that would haunt me.

If anything, Ginny looked happy, she looked like she finally found the peace she wanted for years. We walked back to our seats, I broke down into tears, falling to the shoulder of Sam. He wrapped his arm around me, rubbing my shoulder lightly. "It's going to be okay, El, don't worry we will find him and he will pay."

"Virginia Grace was a kind soul. She had wished for nothing but happiness for everyone that surrounded her, even if she didn't have it herself. In the years of her disappearance, no one had stopped looking for the cheery soul, no one wanted to give up and they never did." A man said, dressed in complete black. "She had an amazing life to live but sadly couldn't fulfill the destiny she planned, opening a bookstore. So today we are opening the Virginia Grace Bookstore" A small smile formed on his face, wiping the tear that was forming in his eye. "I hope my wife will be remembered for the great person that she was and will always be."

The funeral ended, all of the mourning people would go home to live normal lives and merely forget about Ginny's death, something that she didn't deserve.

The man looked at his wife one last time, his eyes widened, gasping at the sight he had seen. He grabbed an item from the casket, raising it in the air - my book. "Who put this in here?" He yelled the crowd of people looked at each other, shrugging their shoulders. I stood from my seat, the crowd turning their eyes to my croaking seat.

I walked down the aisle, holding myself close together. "How did you know this was her favorite?" He asked, looking at the book that laid in his hand. I turned back to Sam, motioning him to come over, he nodded walking over in a quick pace.

"Who are you?" He asked, majorly confused.

"I'm her translator."

"Ginny never mentioned a friend who speaks another language" The man stared at the both of us, holding his hand out.

Sam awkwardly scratched his head, looking at the man. "She doesn't talk... at all."

"Oh I'm sorry"

Sam had explained to him on how I knew Ginny. He broke down in tears, trying to hold back the sobs, he had cursed Lucius' name, wishing for vengeance on his late wife. He begged for more information, threatening to call the police but Sam had promised that everything would be better if they weren't involved but the man, who called himself Joseph, didn't believe him.

"No! Lucius, don't make her do this, she's innocent." The woman cried "Please continue to let her be innocent. She doesn't deserve this!" A shot was fired but not from my gun. A tear slipped down my eye, Lucius graciously wiped it, rubbing my shoulders.

"What have we talked about 77? You cannot hesitate." He walked away, patting my back.

"I was getting there" I muttered, throwing the gun by my side. Lucius turned around, looking at me in shock. He walked in front of me, turning his head to the side. He violently grabbed my arms, pulling me closer to him. "What did you just say? I'm pretty sure that all of you are supposed to be quiet!"

"I'm sorry" I quickly said trying to clear the air, even if I had made another mistake. A loud smack filled the concrete room, causing some people to gasp or reach out their hands to help. My body fell to the ground, my hand drifting to my face, holding the stinging sensation.

Lucius sighed, shaking his head in rage. "Does no one listen to me when I talk?" He yelled causing the prisoners to jump back. "Am I just talking to myself?"

He motioned the guards to take me away, dragging me on the rough floor. All I remember was the loud bang of the cell closing and Ginny running over to me to help, although she couldn't do much. I fell into a quiet sob, Ginny rocking me back and forth, holding my head from falling.

"It's going to be okay, angel. It's going to be alright."

Did you like the chapter? It was a filler because I didn't know how to continue from the last chapter and my baby Ginny deserved a proper funeral

Did you like the chapter? It was a filler because I didn't know how to continue from the last chapter and my baby Ginny deserved a proper funeral. And of course, there was Sam and Eliza sadness/fluff.

Not going to lie I want to name my chapters I'm just not that creative, so, if I unpublish this book and republish it most chances it's going to have chapter names.