five. knock knock jokes

"Eliza, open your eyes" Lucius taunted, his childish mocks had scared me even more

"Eliza, open your eyes" Lucius taunted, his childish mocks had scared me even more. I forced my eyes shut, not daring to look at him. "Oh come on, I know you want to look."

"Eliza!" Sam exclaimed, looking at me with worry in his eyes. "Are you okay?"

My head dropped down at his question, something I couldn't answer. He took note of my actions, writing them down in his yellow, lined notepad. He eyes gazed over my body language, taking a deep sigh. I took the pen, gripping it tightly between my fingers. 'Yup.' I wrote, holding up the flimsy paper with a slight, fake, smile.

The man sighed, rubbing his eyes in stress. "El, I was born a day and yesterday wasn't it. What's wrong?" He had never called me that.

I didn't know. I was losing control of my own mind, Lucius Tyrell made me believe that I was losing my mind. But who would believe me, I wouldn't dare to say anything about it, I couldn't say anything about it.

'Lucius haunts me. I blink and I'm back in the same cell with rusted bars. He's sitting next to me, mocking me. Laughing at my distress and then I open my eyes and you're there' I wrote, my handwriting barely legible to the human eye. He scanned the paper, his eyes drifting to me filled with small ounces of pity.

"This man, Lucius, what did he do?" He asked, putting the paper down in front of me. I couldn't answer, if I did, I could've written a book of all of his fake lies and promises, the damaging actions and his obsessive behavior on causing endless pain. I grabbed the paper, the tip of the pen hitting the white surface, a pool of ink bleeding through the thin layer of paper. Nothing, I couldn't write anything because a part of me was scared.

"Eliza?"

'He killed. He underfed. He experimented on. He hurt.' I wrote quickly; part of me wanted to change the subject, I had no want to talk about him even if I was safe. He gazed at the paper in front me, I questioned myself if I wanted to tell the truth. I didn't want to, I felt morally obligated to. I crumbled up the paper, holding it in my fist.

The way he stared at me, ashamed even. Sam had been excited that we were making progress but that hadn't been true, although he wanted me to believe it so I could endure some hope in the process.

An alarm blared through the room, flashing red lights trailed behind. Sam sighed grabbing his items quickly. He shuffled through the papers, trying to organize it as quickly as he could. "We will continue this later" Sam mumbled, running out of the door.

I had never seen him so worried and the blazing red lights had made it seem dangerous. I heard grunts and mumbles outside of the door, my heart starting to race as footsteps approached to my door. I hid under the bed, holding my mouth shut.

"Now!"

The door blasted back, a dent filled the middle. A group of people made their dramatic entrance, masks covering their faces.