Chapter 3: Frică

The amount of things I felt in that instant broke me, tears flowed down my cheeks yet I didn't sob I simply stood there with tears staining my face. The whole bar, including my friends were looking at us. Luca was still on the floor yelling at the handsome stranger yet I couldn't make out anything he was saying. I was transfixed by a pair of blue eyes. 

"Love?" The man asked again and this time all of the pain, hunger, betrayal and sadness were replaced by an emotion that was entirely my own, shock. 

"Yes I'm fine." I spat out in a daze. "Thank you." I added realizing how rude I must've come across as. 

"What the hell man?" Luca yelled as he collected himself. Once he managed to stand up he made his way towards us. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." The stranger said as Luca's hand attempted to take a punch. The stranger grabbed Luca's fist midway and crushed it effortlessly. The loud crack was clearly audible and it made my whole body shiver.

"Fuck!" Luca screamed and there was no hiding the pain in his voice. In that moment Victor and Ion came rushing to his rescue. The stranger let go of him. 

"What the hell is your problem man?" Victor even in his tall muscly build seemed small and week compared to my savior. I could see his hands ball into fists and somehow I knew his faith would be the same as Luca's. 

The stranger simply took a deep breath and  steped closer to the group before him as if they were but children. "Your mate over here was over stepping his boundaries. Does he have any manners at all?" His voice was mocking and his eyes seemed to dance with delight. In Victor's eyes I saw fear even though the stranger hadn't even touched him. 

"I'm sorry, this guy is a dick." Victor replied not daring to look up. "We're going now." He didn't sound like himself and when the stranger looked back at me he seemed pleased. 

I couldn't find words and I had no idea what expression I was wearing on my face. Fear invaded my body yet I was unable to move. "Don't worry love I won't hurt you. In fact, if I'm not mistaken I just saved you from...whatever he was." He sat down beside me at a respectful distance and smiled. "Klaus." He extended out his right hand for me to shake. 

Once my hand entered into contact with his I felt something for a brief instant. Red flags seemed to pop up everywhere in my brain and my instincts told me to run but I couldn't. "Ilena." I replied. His hand grasped mine for a moment too long and my heart skipped a few beats. 

"Lovely to meet you." Klaus responded. "Would you like a drink?" 

I looked behind me and I saw Cami and Irena pleading me to join them since the boys were now gone. "Thank you but I have to join my friends." I mumbled keeping my eyes on the ground. 

"Oh come on love, just one drink." He insisted, placing a single finger under my chin forcing me to look him in the eyes. "It's the least you can do after helping you out don't you think?" His pupils suddenly became smaller and then they dilated again. 

I stared harder at him puzzled by the strange phenomenon and smiled a little. "What's wrong with your eyes?" I asked before a small burst of laughter came out from my lips. "Must've been the light." I added.

Klaus stared at me as his mouth gaped open but he collected himself in no time. "You have a beautiful laugh." I blushed and looked back down. "And beautiful eyes as well." He had a smirk I couldn't resist and it made my icy exterior melt. 

"Now you're pushing it." I responded covering my already red face. 

"It was lovely meeting you Ilena." The way he said my name was unusual, it sounded so foreign on his lips. Klaus in his all black outfit began to stand up and for some reason I didn't want him to leave.