Chapter 13: Jivină

At the sound of Klaus' distorted voice my heart stopped. I latched onto Elijah seeking his protection as Klaus whirled around this time showing his werewolf self. His eyes were amber, round like those of a wolf and his factions became animalistic. To the sight both Elijah and I trembled and took a step back.

"She lied!" Klaus growled as he took a step towards us.

The room wasn't big enough and it seemed to get smaller by the second. In a matter of instants we were cornered.

"Brother calm yourself." Elijah ordered trying to regain some sort of control of the situation. "There's two more places to look from. Lavinia never said for sure The Impaler would be buried here." I noticed a slight tremor in his voice, he was afraid of Klaus and more so when he looked like the wolf within.

Klaus moved his eyes from Elijah to me. "What would dear Lavinia say if I were to call and tell her of your untimely demise." There was almost humor in his voice.

I tried holding in the tears that threatened to fall but the fear of Klaus ran too deep. The charming person I'd met a about a month ago was gone only to be replaced by a monster. "Elijah is right Klaus...we still have two more places to go." I responded tearing my eyes away from his.

I heard Klaus take a deep breath and I shut my eyes close preparing for the worse. The rage in Klaus gave way to an animal instinct so pure it gave me goosebumps. The defeat was too much for him and I knew I was going to die. As I felt Klaus' presence closer to my body something threw him off, Elijah. I opened my eyes only to see them charge at each other. But Klaus was far too strong. He threw Elijah against one of the walls in the room and I heard a loud snap. Then Klaus loomed over him and bit him, Elijah screamed in searing pain.

"A werewolf bite is lethal to a vampire, you should know that by now brother." Klaus placed a foot on Elijah's chest as he grinned victorious. "It won't kill you of course but it will make you suffer, just as long as it pleases me." He added.

Elijah continued screaming at the pain and he curled himself into a ball. I looked at the scene horrified. Then Klaus seemed to remember my existence and in the blink of an eye he was standing in front of me.

"What to do with you?" He asked, staring at me with those beautiful blue green eyes. "I cannot let your mother make a fool of me." He continued.

I stared at him in silence, waiting for him to make a move.

"Maybe I am overreacting, but punishment is well needed for situations like these. I'm not going to kill you little gypsy but this is going to hurt." His face transfigured into the vampire I knew all too well. His sharp fangs buried themselves into my neck and the agony was too much for me to handle. As I felt the blood leave my body I could feel my consciousness drift away as well. It was instants before everything around me went black.

*

It was all in hues of blue when I opened my eyes and the sounds around me were muffled. I placed a hand on my neck noticing it didn't hurt anymore. Looking around me I noticed I was still in the tower at the Princely Court. Klaus was crouching beside Elijah and at my feet lay my limp body. Tears flooded my eyes and a horror unlike any other took hold of me. Was I dead? I asked myself, but then I noticed my chest was breathing, barely but at least I was alive.

As I approached Klaus and Elijah neither of them noticed my hovering presence, but the fact they only saw my limp body on the ground was enough for them to think I wasn't listening. I noticed Klaus bite off some of his skin from his wrist and feed Elijah his blood. The scene made my stomach twist into knots but as I sensed Elijah's anguish subdue I was glad for whatever it was Klaus had done.