Chapter 12: Vid

A stream of light woke me up, my eyes fluttered open and as soon as I made direct contact with the light my head began throbbing in pain. I shut my eyes again in an attempt to sooth the discomfort but the searing pain wasn't stopping. I opened my eyes again, this time slowly so they'd have time to adjust to the light. Once I could see I noticed I was under the covers of the bed, meaning Klaus had tucked me in. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach and my lips unwillingly curved into a smile. As soon as I realized where my mind was headed I stopped myself abruptly. Klaus is a psychopath who almost killed your father, not to mention fed on you repeatedly I thought to myself.

Looking around the room I noticed a tray placed on the table by the sofa. It smelled heavenly and my stomach began to grumble. Yesterday I hadn't eaten anything and the sole thought of food made my mouth water. I stood up and my legs gave way making me crash onto the floor, but before I hit the ground a strong hand steadied me.

"Careful love." A raspy voice said.

"Klaus." I muttered in both anger and relief. Two emotions I didn't know could coexist. I scrutinized his face as if to see a sign from what I'd seen last night. Yet I only saw his sarcastically amused self. His face led me to believe that last night had been a dream, but deep down I knew Klaus cared, even a little.

"Come on then time to eat. You'll need your strength for later." Klaus helped me up and sat me down on the table. I looked at the tray before me skeptically. "I'm not going to poisson you if that's what your thinking." He laughed.

I said nothing and lifted the metal lid from the plate to reveal scrambled eggs, bacon and a pair of french toast drizzled in syrup. My pupils dilated at the sight and my stomach twisted into knots as if begging me to feed it. I took a bite out of the eggs and the fluffyness and perfection of them sent my mouth straight to heaven. I devoured my breakfast as Klaus sat on the bed and stared at me amused. He was wearing his usual black jeans and for a pop of color he added a burgundy t-shirt.

"Very well now that you're fed go get showered and dressed. We have quite the day ahead of us." Klaus ordered.

I rolled my eyes at him before making my way to the bathroom. I stripped off from yesterday's clothes and turned on the shower. I stepped in and washed myself as if washing away the pain I'd had to endure the past few days. I closed my eyes and drifted off some place far away yet Klaus always managed to appear there, as if I wanted him to. Opening my eyes I closed the water and dried myself with a nice soft towel. Just as I was about to get changed I noticed I hadn't brought in any clothes with me. Taking in a deep breath I opened the door making Klaus turn around and as soon as he noticed I was wearing nothing but a towel his eyes took in every inch of my naked body. His eyes burnt like fire and little electric shocks ran up and down my legs and arms. I could feel myself turn bright red.

"I...I forgot my clothes." I stuttered reaching the bag Klaus had packed for me and taking out a pair of jeans, a white tank top and as I searched for the underwear I saw Klaus had only packed my finest lingerie. "Seriously?" I asked taking out a lacey white see through bra.

Klaus smile grew wide. "One can never be too cautious." He replied and in his eyes I knew exactly what he was implying.

I groaned. "You're disgusting." And with that I went into the bathroom to change.

Finally ready Klaus led me out of the room and into the hallway. He still had that amused smirk on his face and he wasn't taking his eyes off me either.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked nonchalantly.

"We're taking a little tour of the Pincely Court and the rest of the town." Klaus responded. His voice had a slight edge to it and I had no idea why.