Chapter 10: Călătorie

I was being dragged into my room by Klaus' unnatural strength. I tried to slow him down by resisting but it was useless. We came into my bedroom and he sat me on the bed as he rummaged through my closet. He didn't leave an inch unsearched. As he went through every item of clothing I owned he packed whichever he liked most into a small bag. I sat on the bed and watched him without saying a word, I was done talking to him, I hated him. I stared at Klaus with loathing, an emotion I only conjured up for special people. Klaus on the contrary was enjoying himself, I could feel it in the air and he didn't bother hiding his smile either. 

The morning had become unbearably hot, the sun was shining bright up in the sky and nature around me was alive and happy. I couldn't stand it, I wanted everyone and everything to be as miserable as I was in that moment. Klaus was done packing up my things and he stared at me in silence. I faced him and raised an eyebrow. 

"All ready. Come on love lets go." He said as he took my hand and pulled me to my feet. 

I responded only with silence. 

"Not speaking are we?" He raised both his eyebrows and grinned. "Fine. It will be a long trip for you sweetheart." 

I remained quiet. Klaus sighted in annoyance and hauled me behind him as if I were his doll. We walked down the stairs and onto the first floor. My mother was standing beside the front door, her soft face covered in tears. I couldn't help but give way to a few of them myself. But I did everything I could to control my emotions, I would rather die than let Klaus know he'd broken me down. 

"Say your goodbyes Lavinia. God knows if you'll see Ilena again." Klaus' voice was filled with humor and irony. It was obvious he loved emotionally torturing people. 

He let go of my arm and I jumped in my mother's arms. "I promise I'll come back." I whispered as faintly as I could. 

My mother was trembling, her green eyes void of any hope. "I'm sorry Lennie." My heart fluttered at the mention of my nickname. She was never one to use it. 

I hugged her tighter. "I'll kill him." I vowed into her ear.

My mother didn't respond, she simply planted a kiss on my cheek as Klaus ripped us apart.

"NO!" I screamed. Trying to hold onto my mother for just a few more seconds. But I knew I could never borrow enough time to satisfy me. Klaus gripped me from behind and I thrashed, kicked and screamed but it was of no use. "Let go of me you sick monster." I cried as he dragged me outside the house. "Please." I begged but my voice was no longer audible. 

"You've said your goodbyes now shut up." Klaus commanded in a voice that would make anyone abide to his every order. His grip became so tight I could barely breath. 

I heard my mother shout my name and crumble to sadness but I couldn't look back, it would be too much. Klaus had stolen a beautiful black Porsche Cayenne for our little adventure. He opened the passenger door and placed me inside. In a few instants he was already seated and ready to go. The inside of the car was beautiful. It had cream colored leather seats and a fully equipped sound system. I didn't dare look out the window as we drove away from my home, I stared down at my shoes and fiddled with my thumbs instead. 

"I hope the car is to your liking." Klaus said a few minutes into the road. 

I was still looking down at my feet and had no intention of looking up or speaking to him for that matter. So I remained as I was, silent. 

"Suit yourself then." Klaus snarled as he turned on the radio. Apparently he was a big fan of indie rock bands from the 90's. 

We remained in awkward silence for a few minutes. The places my mother had mentioned weren't far away from Bucharest so fortunately for me I wouldn't be spending too much time in a car with Klaus. We entered Bucharest half an hour later. We passed the beautiful Belle Époque buildings and the Old Town Center. Not many people visited my city but I knew they were missing out, it was beautiful and filled with many secrets I knew I'd be soon discovering. It was an hour and a half drive now to Targoviste. But to me it was about to feel like an eternity.