Estela Montoya [Choices: Endless Summer] x Guardian! Female Reader (Part 2)

~Your POV~

I launched myself on top of the crab, making it stumble back and slamming itself on the cliff wall. It hisses and used one of its pinchers to grab me by the scuff on my neck then throws me aside. I quickly landed on my feet and charged towards the large crustacean. 

I slammed my head against the crab, making it topple over. It hissed violently and thrashes in the air. I clamped my jaws on one of its legs and ripped it off. It begins to thrash even more as I tore off more of its legs.

One of the pinchers latched onto me and tore off a piece of my flesh, causing me to howl in pain. The crab quickly gets on its remaining feet and slams its claws on my head. I gritted my teeth in pain and bit down on the crab's pincher. 

I tried to rip it off but the other pincher slams down on my spine causing me to go limp. I whimpered in pain and tried to get back up. "Up above you!" The girl shouted to me. I looked at her and above me to see a large boulder. 

I managed to get back on my feet and quickly tried to climb up the cliff to the boulder. The crab latched onto my tails and tried to pull me down. I dug my claws into the side of the walls, biting down on my tongue while trying not to yell in pain. I suddenly felt its pinchers release my tails and I quickly scampered up the wall. I looked down to see the girl had stabbed the spear into one of its eyes. 

I pressed against the boulder and pushed it with all my strength. I give one last shove and the boulder topples down and crushes the crab. The crab's pinchers snap several more time before going limp. 

I jumped down next to the girl and sniffed her wound. She quickly pulls away and points her spear at me. "Why did you save me?" She snarled. "Well at least now I know you're not the type to trust too quickly," I spoke up. Her eyes widen in surprise as she dropped her spear, "You talk?" "Yea. I'm not like the rest of these idiots," I said and looked at the dead Shore Guardian.

"What the hell is that thing and why are you here? Why did you help me?" She said. "First of all, that's the Shore Guardian. Similar to this dumbass crustacean, I'm a guardian as well. I'm the Forest Guardian. I'm here because I can be and I live on this island. And...I don't know why I helped you." I said truthfully. Why did I help this girl? Was it because I had a feeling she was one of the Catalyst? Or was it something else?

"Look you-" She threatened but was cut off by a hiss of pain. She held her side tightly and gritted her teeth. "Do you have first aid?" I asked. She nods and pulls out a small first aid kit from her jacket. I nodded and transformed back into my human form.

Her mouth gapes open in surprise but she doesn't question it. I take the first aid kit from her hand and began to bandage her up.

I heard rustling from the bushes which drew my attention. The Vaanti warriors walk out and look at the girl and me. The girl quickly goes for her spear but it was kicked away by one of the Vaanti warriors. They began to speak to each other in their native language and faces me.

One of them spoke to me in their native tongue then pointed to the girl. I raised my eyebrow in confusion. They didn't ask anything else as two of them went over to the girl and pinned her down on the ground. 

"Hey leave her alone!" I shouted and shoved the two off of her. They had tied her hands behind her back with a thick vine. "What the hell?!" I snarled at them and helped the girl sit up. "You helped us hunt down all 11 Catalysts. You're free to leave." One of the warriors told me. 

"So you were helping me just so you can turn me in as your pass to escape?! What did you do with the other 10?!" She growled. "No! Of course not!" I defended myself, "At first yes but no. Not anymore." I looked over to the Vaanti warriors and whispered to the girl, "They don't know a lot of English but there's a chance they might know what we're talking about."