Akarsha [Butterfly Soup] x Platonic Friendship! Shy! Female Reader

~No One's POV~

Growing up you didn't have a lot of friends growing up due to your awkwardness. During recess, you would sit alone and play by yourself when you were a child. You were always lonely until one special day. 

On the first day of middle school, a new girl moved in next door from your house. You peaked from your window as the moving truck parked at the house and began to unload the furniture. It wasn't long till a car came up as well and a family got out. The family had a daughter that was around your age. She seemed energetic and was running around in the front yard screaming. 

You couldn't help but giggle at the girl's behavior. In your heart, you wished you had the confidence to go up to your new neighbors and greet them. But you felt too shy and continued on with your daily routine. 

After a couple of weeks in, the girl next door came by your house and knocked on the door. Since everyone else was out, you answered it, oblivious to the who was on the other side. You were greeted with a bright grin and an enthusiastic wave. "Hi! I'm Akarsha! I'm bored and I was hoping you wanna play together since you live close to me." She said and pointed to her house. 

Your mouth went dry and you were unsure how to answer, afraid that you might say the wrong thing. So instead, you gave her a small nod. Akarsha cheered and took your hand. "Let's go play in my yard!" She said. Before you could answer, she dragged you to her house.

Ever since that day, the both of you would hang out together and Akarsha would keep you company at school and on the weekends. Your parents were a bit upset with you making friends with someone who was immature.

You didn't care though, you liked being with Akarsha because she made you happy. Her parents didn't seem to care about what happens with the both of you so they let you come around. They're more welcoming towards you than other people since you also help Akarsha with her homework and studies.

You later met her other friends, Noelle and Diya. You were nervous at first but Akarsha reassured you that they were really friendly. Well Diya at least, she told you that Noelle was a bit mean. You got along well with Diya since the both of you don't talk much and enjoyed each other's company in silence. Noelle and you would read together and were the smartest kids in your classes.

Once you reached high school, Akarsha continued to help you get out of your shell. You often got teased by other kids for being too quiet. The teasing didn't last very long though after Akarsha found out. She began to pull pranks on them till they stopped bullying you. Noelle scowled your bullies until they backed off. Diya was very tall compared to everyone else so all she had to do was stand next to you and glare at anyone who made fun of you to scare them off.

You would be lying to yourself if you said that Akarsha wasn't rubbing off on you. Despite being quiet in class, you were talkative within your group of friends. Akarsha and you began working together to pull pranks on Noelle which got Noelle offended because she thought you were the decent one when it came to the both of you. Akarsha also got you into calling Noelle "Frenchman". She got you into anime as well and taught you what yaoi meant.

You knew about Akarsha's secret of using jokes to cover up her unhappiness. Whenever you brought it up, she would deny it or make a joke out of it. 

One day you decided to study with her. But once you went up to her room, you saw Akarsha sitting on her bed, hugging her knees. You knew something was wrong because you were usually greeted with a hug or a pun. You went over to her and hugged her tightly without saying a word. 

It pained you to see your best friend like this and all you could do was hug her and try to reassure her.  "(Y/N), I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know what to do with my life." She sighed and leaned against you. "What do you mean?" You asked.

"Like I get I'm smart and all but I don't know. My parents keep pressuring me about life and...ugh I just want to kill myself I guess. I don't feel like I have a real purpose or anything." She whispered sadly. You hugged her tightly as you felt your heart clutch. "Please don't say that..." You said, your voice slightly cracking. 

Akarsha heard your voice crack and looked over to you. She saw your eyes began to fill with tears as you bit your lip to stop yourself from crying. "(Y/N)..." She frowned. She returned your hug and you broke down in her arms. 

She held you close as you cried. She didn't say anything and only held you close. You began to calm down and wiped your tears with your sleeve. "Akarsha, pl-please don't kill yourself... If you do, I don't know what I'll do" You sniffled, "You're so important to me and it hurts me thinking about you killing yourself."

Akarsha said nothing in return and allowed you to continue. "I know I sound selfish right now but I can't help it. I don't want to continue on the rest of my life not having you beside me. You're my best friend and if I lost you... I-I won't be able to forgive myself." You said, about to break down again.

"I'm sorry (Y/N). I didn't think of it that way." She said. "I promise I'll never think like that again. And if I do, I'll come to you okay?" She reassured. You smiled and nodded. "(Y/N), I'm glad you're my best friend." She said with a grin. "Same here, dork." You replied with a bright smile.