Còigeamh Bliadhna - Atharrachadh

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

First lesson of the day for fifth years was Transfiguration. Carina never understood why people hated their relatives teaching: her mother was amazing.

As normal, Carina took her seat in the middle of the classroom next to her long time friend, Lily Evans. Despite being in different houses, the girls were good friends. This was also in spite of the mild rivalry between them; an unspoken competition of intelligence in classes. Carina often disagreed with Lily, but she rarely said anything about it. It was best not to anger Lily or cause trouble within the friendship group.

"Crap," came a voice from behind the two girls. As she rifled through her school bag, Marlene McKinnon - another Gryffindor friend of Carina's - repeated her curses. "Forgot your homework again, Marls?" Lily asked with a sigh.
A guilty smile crossed Marlene's face. Sighing again, Lily handed her a sheet.

"You left it on the table in the common room," Lily said shaking her head.
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I could kiss you!" Marlene exclaimed.

"Hey, McKinnon, only I'm allowed to do that," a mildly obnoxious voice came from the doorway. All three girls exchanged an eyeroll before spinning around in their chairs to greet Sirius Black and James Potter. Behind them came the others in their little gang -  Peter Pettigrew and Remus Lupin. The latter of which grinned at Carina as he passed by.

Peter smiled weakly at Carina. With an audible groan, Lily turned back around and put her head on the desk. Spinning around too, Carina patted Lily's red hair. Dorcas sat down together beside Lily, and Marlene sat beside Carina. Of course, Mary wandered in a little late and took her seat beside Dorcas.

"It hasn't even been a week back at school yet. I'm dying," Marlene declared dramatically, also flopping down on the desk.

"Miss McKinnon, Miss Evans, please be kind enough to get up off your desks. I'd like to start the lesson," Minerva McGonagall said as she entered the classroom. Lily blushed but Marlene looked nonchalant as they got up and Professor McGonagall started the lesson.

"Today we will be continuing our studying of the process of becoming an Animagus," Professor McGonagall began as she got out her wand. Waving it slowly, she used it to write with chalk on the black board. Sirius, James and Peter seemed to perk up slightly at her words, as if the subject was of some interest to them.

Weird... Carina thought, turning her attention back to her mother. As everyone else was copying their notes, Carina glanced up, giving her mother a grin which was returned.

Something hit Carina in the back, making her jolt up sharply. She turned, looking around to find a slightly squished paper aeroplane, a sheepish looking Peter and the unreadable face of Sirius Black.

The the inside of the plane read:

Prongs,

Code Furry Little Problem

Meet in the normal place, after third lesson.

- Padfoot and Wormtail

And in short, it made absolutely no sense to Carina.

Something about it seemed important however. It felt like there was something suspicious about it. And unfortunately, curiosity just happened to be Carina's damning sin. So, she pocketed it. And as she did do, she turned to face Sirius and gave him the most knowing wink she could muster, before getting back to work.

"You've got your plotting face on," Mary said as Carina skipped along with her, Lily and Marlene to the Gryffindor common room. "I don't like your plotting face. It means bad things. Bad things from that odd, wonderful brain of yours. And I don't like it."

Lily snorted.
"Me?" Carina feigned innocence. "What could I possibly be plotting about?"
"Anything and everything, McGonagall," a familiar voice interjected. Sirius Black stood behind them, arms crossed.
"Ah, Sirius, just the man I wanted to see."

"You're so conniving, McGonagall, I'm surprised you weren't put in Slytherin."

"Oh, how terribly insulted I am. Pray, do catch me, Lily, I may faint from how terribly harsh his words are."
"What do you want, McGonagall?"
"Can't a Ravenclaw just wanna speak to her annoying, sort of acquaintance?"
"No. Now cut the goblin crotch and tell me what you want."
"Well, we best go inside to talk, hadn't we?"

With what sounded like a growl of frustration, Sirius led her into the Gryffindor common room.

"Huh. Haven't been here since Marlene's blue hair incident in fourth year. I'd forgotten how red this place was," Carina said with a smirking smile.
"Stop with all the crap, McGonagall. I know you found the letter."
"A letter? Me? I couldn't possibly know what you're talking about," she replied, her eyes alight with a mischievous glee.
He growled again. Then, with a sigh, he took her hand and pulled her up to his dormitory.

"Hmm," Carina said as she looked around. "I've heard a lot about this place. Mainly in passing, or whispers in class. Pays to be quiet sometimes, you know. Half the girls were talking about how little your bed creaked - "

She raised an eyebrow as Sirius let out another low rumbling sound.
"Ok, ok," she said with a smirk. "I wanna know what the letter meant."

As he snarled at her, she sank onto the bed she assumed was his and sat with her hands in her lap, a smirk on her face.
"Look, I'm not gonna - "

"Oh! Are we disturbing something?"
Both Sirius and Carina whipped around to face the door and the other Marauders.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧