An t-siathamh Bliadhna - Tiodhlacan

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The galaxy room had been insanely cool.
It was nothing too fancy - just one of the new ideas that the teachers were trying out to help with Astronomy when students couldn't be outside at night.
It was really just a little room with no windows but a very complex enchantment - which Carina was in fact insanely awed by and jealous of - on it to make the illusion of hundreds of thousands of stars and galaxies and solar systems spread out expansively across the entire space.

After initially dashing around the room, studying every last section of it in depth, Pandora and Carina had lay for hours upon the floor of the room, staring up at the infinite number of stars that twinkled over their heads.

"Look! There's Earth!" Pandora had pointed to the barely visible planet, practically invisible in the sea of other planets around it.
"That's Ursa Major there I think," added Carina in response. "And that's Ursa Minor. Do you know the myths behind them?"

Pandora shook her head.
"I remember it's Greek, but I can never remember Greek mythology. Its very interesting though."

"They're a mother and son. Callisto, Ursa Major, and Arcus, Ursa Minor. Zeus was Arcus's father, and Callisto was his mother. Some myths say Hera turned Callisto into a bear and Zeus made her and her son into constellations to prevent her son from hunting her in bear form. Others say Zeus turned them both into bears immediately to protect them. I like to think it's more about a mother's love for her child. How it can reach beyond the stars."

"That's... That's really pretty."

"I think so too."

They talked for longer, getting lost in spiralling topics of conversation. It had been a while since they had chatted properly, it felt right to be back together again properly.

"See that group of stars there too? That's the constellation I'm named after. Carina." She pointed back up into the sky, bringing the conversation back to the stars.

"Well, actually, you're named after my grandmother, who was named after the constellation." The unmistakable voice of Minerva McGonagall came from the doorway, causing the two girls to shoot up from their reclined positions on the ground.
"Before you say anything, I know you have permission to be up here, I'm just hear to drop off presents," Carina's mother said with a warm smile. As she placed down a few neatly wrapped boxes, Minerva added: "I'll leave you two to open these up here. I hope you have the most wonderful birthday ever, dear."
Professor McGonagall paused, tilting her head slightly and smiling back at her daughter.
"I love you."

"Love you too, Mum."

And with that, Minerva disappeared once more.

"It's still weird to think you're seventeen," Pandora said, breaking the silence that had settled on the girls after Carina's mother had left. "An adult now."