Còigeamh Bliadhna - Co-là-breith Sirius

3rd November 1975

3rd November 1975

         ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It turned out that the next free period Carina had wasn't until Sirius's birthday. However, he was also the only one with a free period at the same time as her.

By the time Sirius arrived at Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, Carina had already begun the process of preparing the ingredients for brewing. She looked slightly more relaxed than normal; having abandoned her outer robes and undone her tie.

"What took you so long?" she said, pushing the stray curls that had popped out of her ponytail out of her eyes.
"Flitwick held me back after Charms."
"Professor Vector let us out early," Carina said with a smirk.
"Arithmancy? Really? Well laugh it up, Curls, but I won't help you."
"It's a potion, Black. Since when would you be able to help?"
"It would surprise you how many subjects I'm good at but I don't try in. I wouldn't want to become a member of the Slug Club, y'know?"

Blushing red, Carina continued her work. "For your information, I'm not part of the Slug Club, I wasn't special enough, and by all means, help away. I have spare ingredients for if you blow anything up, " she replied with as much scathing and sarcasm as she could throw into the words.

A rather uncomfortable silence settled on the two of them. After a few minutes, Carina broke it. She cleared her throat before asking: "What position do you play on the Quidditch team again?"
She didn't lift her eyes from the small cauldron next to her until Sirius finally stopped standing and slid down the wall to sit next to her.
"I'm a beater. Along with Cassidy Linares. She's a seventh year."
"Marlene and James are Chasers, right?"
"Along with your delightful cousin, Archie. His even more wonderful twin is the Seeker. I'll tell you something: for as big of a dick as that guy is, he is the most brilliant Seeker I've ever seen."
"Tell me about it. We play family Quidditch at home and he always chooses the opposite team to me, the bastard, just so he can beat me. He is the most competitive little bugger."

Laughing, Sirius handed her the wolfsbane root that he had been slicing. Immediately, the atmosphere changed in the room. This was the hardest part to get correct. It had to be the perfect amount put in at the perfect time and stirred for the perfect amount of seconds, minutes or even hours.
Holding her breath, Carina dropped it in and immediately began to stir it as fast as she could. It was only when a faint blue smoke rose from it that she could stop.
Silently, Sirius watched her with intent. Carina was putting her all into this to get it right. God, she hoped it would be right. She continued to stir as vigorously as possible; careful not to spill any though.

It was a painfully long couple minutes until the blue smoke rose. As soon as it did, Carina stopped stirring and squealed out in glee.
"I did it! I actually did it!"
In the spur of the moment, Sirius pulled her to his chest and hugged her, saying: "I knew you could do it!"

They suddenly realised what they were doing and quickly parted. As Carina blushed, Sirius rubbed the back of his neck, a slight smile on his face.
"So... I'll go take this to Moony for the next full moon," Sirius said. "He should be back in the dorm now."

"Oh, sweet mother of Merlin, what time is it? I'm going to be late for Ancient Runes! Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap!" Carina exclaimed, fumbling to gather all her belongings up.
"See you tomorrow in Transfiguration!" Sirius called after her as she bolted out.
He laughed at the odd girl and collected up his things too.

          ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧