An t-siathamh bliadhna - Toraidhean

13th September 1976

13th September 1976

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Unsurprisingly, the information about the events that had transpired on the night of the second of September did eventually make its way around the sixth year over the course of the following few days, and unfortunately, to the teachers. Rumours rampaged wildly, varying from just some vague talk of them doing some things (much to Carina's dismay) all the way to some pretty far fetched and extreme gossip of satanic cult activity at the concert (which horrified her even further).

Surprisingly, Sirius took all of the rumours well. He remained calm and cool, even joking about some of the ideas that had been spread around, while Carina slowly crumbled as more and more of them were brought up, shoved in her face or whispered cruelly in the girls' toilets where people thought they couldn't be heard. It took a lot of will power not to cry or slap someone, as the murmuring around her was slowly driving her crazy. Carina wasn't quite sure if Sirius's collected, calm, no trollshits-given attitude was relaxing to her or if it annoyed her beyond anything else. How could be not be more concerned? Why was he not more concerned?

And then there was the issue of the teachers. Seeing as sneaking out technically wasn't allowed, they ran into some unfortunate results. Carina and Sirius, along with about ten other students in fourth year or above, all awkwardly standing around outside of Dumbledore's office, to which they had been summoned. It wasn't a surprise that they had been called - practically half of the school knew who had snuck out and how it had happened (or at least how it had happened according to the students). It was about ten minutes of standing... not talking... not knowing what to do... until the doors of the office slowly crept open, revealing Dumbledore's room and their fates.

They formed what could only be described as a sort of line and filed in. Tension was high, the air was almost thick with it. The atmosphere could've been cut with a knife. It didn't take long for the burning eyes of Minerva McGonagall to find her daughter and stare her down.

"So," the ever calm voice of Dumbledore called down from his desk at the back of the room. "I'm assuming you all know why you're here."
The answer came in the form of vague mumbling and head nodding.
"Step a little closer, we won't bite," Dumbledore added, almost amicably, as if he was only vaguely amused by the situation, and the students shuffled forward, standing a few feet from his desk.

Behind and beside him stood the heads of houses. They almost seemed to flank him, like bodyguards, only worse for the students. Scarier.

"Now, sneaking out of Hogwarts is not allowed, and using magic underage is most definitely not allowed and could result in suspension and a Ministry hearing. However, I'm sure that won't be necessary if the full accounts of the evening are explained." A raise of his eyebrows over his half moon spectacles told the students all they needed to know.

So one by one words tumbled from their mouths, confessing all details of the evening. Several girls cried, and one Hufflepuff boy started to sniffle, but Carina managed to keep her composure, her eyes avoiding her mother's the whole time. Sirius was last to speak.
".... And I'm sure many of the teachers standing before us did far worse in their own youth, so I don't want to judge for hypocrisy but..." He finished, eliciting a chuckle from Flitwick and Sprout.