o. RAIN

***

What rhymes with rain?

Pain.

Haruko Saitou sat outside on her porch, feeling the hard drops of rain on her as the weather continued to get worse. She was going to miss her home. The gloomy weather never bothered her. The sound of lightning and thunder soothed her in her darkest days. Having to move to bright and sunny Konoha wasn't going to make her happy. They live in complete happiness with their Lord and Savior, Naruto Uzumaki. I bet they have weak shinobi.

The Village Hidden in the Rain and the Village Hidden in the Mist were both classified as one of the scariest villages because of the haunting history. Rain just happened to be where the battle of Jiraiya and Pain happened. Not to mention that Pain visited there often since him and Konan used to be shinobi of the village. The rain was also not a lot of people's biggest fan. It "ruined their clothes" and "just worsen the mood."

Of course, Haruko just had to move right when school was about to start. She hated how it just had to be that day. The absolute pain of moving to a completely different village just had to be right when school is going to start. Haruko wanted to scream but that would cause police to come over to her apartment.

Haruko wasn't very famous but she wasn't like any other villager. Her clan was rich with tough, strong shinobi. She just happened to be one of the few female ninjas in her clan. This, of course, doesn't surprise people since many great shinobi were women but Haruko wasn't like any ninja. She had this "weird power", as she puts it. She could just learn hand moves and Justus with just one look. She could see a person's attacks before they happen. In combat, everything seems like it slows down and she could hit them all -- in the fighter's vision -- lightning fast. It was something extraordinary. People say that she might have unlocked some new eye power, but no one ever sees her eyes since she moves so fast. Using this power uses a lot of chakra so the moment Haruko is done, she's done.

The girl had a feeling in her gut that something is going to go terribly wrong. It was the Hidden Leaf Village for crying out loud! Nothing but drama happens there. They're mostly the cause of war. Rumor has it that they have the worse shinobi ever since the war has ended.

Haruko sees a lightning bolt in the far distance and sighs. This meant she had to go inside.

Haruko gets in and closes the door. She turns around to see a small, white snake in front of her. "Holy shit!" She cries, grabbing a kunai out of her pocket and throws it directly at the snake. It swerves it right as it hits the ground and quickly slithers away. Haruko looks at the front door, which is wide open.

She groans, "how many times do I have to tell them not to leave the door open?" She goes over to close the door but a hand stops her.

"Shit, news reporters!" she mutters, grabbing the doorknob and pulling it hard to close. Another hand stops her but it makes her take her hand back. The hand stretched.

"Hi, sorry," said a calm voice. A boy no older than her appeared with such a fake smile, it made Haruko want to laugh. "I have to take you to Hidden Leaf since the weather wouldn't be any better as it is right now. I'm sure you're already accustomed to this weather though." The boy had pale blue hair and skin as pale as a piece of paper. His pupils were like snakes and were the color yellow, the same color as the sun. Haruko has never seen the sun before, just pictures. It was probably yellow or orange.

"I thought Orochimaru was taking me there," Haruko asked. "Or at least a jounin."

"I am Orochimaru's son if that helps. I'm Mitsuki," Mitsuki said, tilting his head to the side a bit. Haruko thought he was trying to look at something behind her but his eyes were planted on Haruko. "What were you doing out in the rain?"

Haruko turned over to her porch. "I'm going to miss the rain over here. I bet it doesn't even rain in the Hidden Leaf. It's probably all sunshine and happiness." She turned back to Mitsuki, who was suddenly by her side. She jumped. "Woah, you scared me there."

Mitsuki had a little smile on his face. It wasn't like his fake smile he had a moment before. "If it helps, I've been over to the Hidden Leaf. It's not what you think it is."

Haruko frowned, "Even if you're Orochimaru's kid, I don't really trust what you say. You probably like happy stuff like flowers."

"You have something against flowers?"

"Not really," Haruko shrugged, "you never see actual plants here. Everything is fake. We have rain every day and no sunlight so the whole photosynthesis thing wouldn't work." Haruko turned to Mitsuki. "You do know how that science-y stuff works, right?"

"I used to live with scientists; of course I do," Mitsuki said, walking into the house. "Do you need help with bags or anything?"

Haruko shook her head. "My family is going to pick up my stuff and drop it off. I'm fine." Haruko gave a small smile to him, which somewhat surprised him. "Let's go."

Mitsuki nodded, following the girl as she walked outside. He knew there was something in her, something extraordinary. She didn't act like any other female he has met; she was different.

Maybe she was his sun.

***

[ author's note: another story w00ps

right when you thought the randomness of my stories wasn't enough, i'm now doing anime fanfictions. woah. ]