xlvii. NIGHTMARES

***

"I really hate this," Eiji sighed, walking around the hospital. Ichiro nodded. "Waiting till Lord Seventh comes . . . how do we know that he isn't dead?!"

"Eiji!" Ichiro scolded, smacking the boy's head. "That's not something you say in front of injured people! And, Lord Seventh is going to come back. He defeated Kagura after all."

"Be realistic here, Ichiro! If Lord Seventh could defeat them, he would be here right! He would saying something inspiring like if we train hard, we'll become stronger than him. He would have taught those guys a lesson right there and right then! Did he? Sarada said he got kidnapped by them, which means he's in danger. Imagine that: the most powerful shinobi of all time sweep right of his feet by two bridesmaids!" Eiji shook Ichiro's shoulders. "Open your eyes!"

Ichiro smacked his arm away from him. "Sarada said the Kages, her dad, and Boruto are out to save him. The Kages, the most powerful ninja in their land, alongside Sasuke, someone who can rival with Lord Seventh."

"And Boruto?"

"Probably jumped in when they weren't looking and tried to get some sort of credit for the mission completion."

"If there is a mission completion!" Eiji sighed. "You know how long it took to even seal one God? There was a whole war because of it! We had a whole section in our textbooks about it!"

Ichiro grabbed his brother's shoulder. "Ej, you're making this a too big of a deal," he gave the boy a quick smile, "relax, okay? Lord Hokage is fine, the other Kages are fine, Sarada's dad is fine, and Boruto is fine."

Somehow, that smile convinced Eiji that everything was going to be okay. Somehow, this entire situation wasn't that big of a deal and that there's nothing to worry about. Somehow, he was just overreacting.

Somehow, his smile made everything better.

Haruko opened the door suddenly, almost making the twins hit face first onto the door. They stumbled back, nearly falling their asses on the cold, marble floor. "Oi! What was–"

"Sorry, but Sarada just texted me saying that Boruto is back! They're all back with Lord Idiot!" Haruko grinned.

"What?!"

"Don't just stand there all dumbfounded! Let's go!" She grabbed both of their hands and pulled them over where Sarada said they were.

When they went outside, Haruko noticed Boruto and Sarada was in a middle of a family reunion. It was a lot of crying, laughing, hugging, and most importantly, love. Something her family lacked in.

They were basically born to he soldiers. Emotions? Unnecessary. It was mainly the mother's who loved their emotionless sons and daughters out of the deepest of their hearts, but Haruko was somehow different. She was, of course, the black sheep of the family. Her appearance stuck out, her reputation wasn't the greatest, and everyone hated her.

This made Haruko envy Boruto even more.

–•–

After the huge disaster that went down, the shinobi had to help out with rebuilding the dome and fixing any damage that was done. As Haruko and Shikadai said, it was very troublesome.

"Ugh, this is what happens when someone decides to show off during the chunin exams," Ichiro groaned, his arms dangling off the railing of the second floor of the mission area.

"She's the only in our team who really did something cool," Eiji sighed, rolling up his sleeves. "I was dying to show off my cool Byakugan! Everyone loves a good taijutsu match."