xv. THE KISS

***

"Thanks for the food!" Haruko beamed, smiling at the food Mitsuki made. From the ramen she's been eating for dinner and the leftovers she's saved from hanging with friends, an actual meal was something Haruko hasn't had in a while. "It looks delicious, Mitsuki. Thanks!"

Mitsuki nodded. "It was nothing. Anything for you, Haruko."

Haruko looked up, a mouthful of curry. "Hmm?" Mitsuki laughed. It had been a while since Mitsuki had someone in his house since he never invited people to his apartment. Haruko was very special to be inside his living space.

"You have a really nice place, Mitsuki," Haruko said. "How do you afford it?"

"My parent sends me money," Mitsuki answered. "What about you? I'm sure you don't have enough time for a job."

Haruko took a sip of her water. "I have money that I earned from doing interviews and such. I also steal money from my father's personal account."

Mitsuki chuckled. "I see..."

Haruko shrugged. "I just saved the Academy, that's it. I don't see how every month, I still get a paycheck. I'm not in any movies or advertisements."

"How much?"

"300,00 yen," Haruko said, making Mitsuki's eyes widen. That much? She's been only in a couple of interviews. Is someone else sending her money? "It's sort of suspicious to me, but money is money."

Mitsuki flinched as he held his shoulder, pain was written on his face. Haruko tilted her head in confusion. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just a little scratch I got from the fight," Mitsuki said, smiling. "Nothing too bad."

"Are you sure? You look like you're in pain."

Mitsuki nodded. "I'm fine."

–•–

"Mitsuki, you're bleeding everywhere. You are not fine."

"You don't need to worry so much, Haruko."

"You've lost a lot of blood."

Haruko wrapped Mitsuki's shoulder tightly, making sure it won't bleed again. The girl really hated the sight of blood. It never pleased her sight in any way. Since day one, she swore to never get her friends killed in battle.

"You shouldn't be taking care of me when it's you I should be taking care of," Mitsuki sighed. "You're more injured than I am."

Haruko bit her lip. "But, you were bleeding. I couldn't help myself."

Mitsuki stood up, grabbing Haruko's hand and waist. "And I can't help myself doing this."

This immediately caught Haruko off guard. Mitsuki leaned in and kissed Haruko. Of course, Haruko didn't know a thing or two about kissing or relationships, for that matter. All she ever knew was from ChoCho's constant rambling about how every boy liked her and how beautiful she was. Haruko did kiss Mitsuki back but had absolutely no clue what she was doing.

It was funny to the both of them how easy it is for their body to do things unexpectedly. When Mitsuki kissed Haruko's forehead, when he held her hand, when he said that she was cute. The words slipped out of his tongue so smoothly and the actions were done so easily but if Mitsuki controlled himself in those moments, he wouldn't have an idea what to do.