ii. REUNION

***

After many what seemed to be hours of searching, Haruko sensed the source of the chakra to be in Konoha's hospital. She was suspicious at first. Why would someone in a hospital have such intense chakra? It could be a doctor but she's never met a doctor before besides the ones in her clan. Haruko took a deep breath and entered the building.

―•―

Mitsuki stood in front of the Class Rep's door. As he was about to enter, the door opened and out came Haruko. She seemed depressed, in Mituski's vision. He grabbed her arm, which made her flinch.

"M-Mitsuki-kun..." Haruko breathed.

"What were you doing visiting the Class Rep?" Mitsuki asked. He narrowed his eyes.

"She's an old friend of mine. We used to train and hang out," Haruko said, putting in a small grin. "It just pains me to know the situation that happened to her. She's a good person, y'know."

Mitsuki nodded, letting go of Haruko's arm. "That makes sense. See you later then."

Haruko nodded, "see you later, Mitsuki-kun." The girl walked away, touching her wrist.

Mitsuki walked into the room, "You seem to be doing much better."

Sumire turned to Mitsuki, "Mitsuki-kun." She looked down. "You came alone?"

"Are your injuries okay?" Mitsuki dodged the question.

"Yes, they say I'll be discharge soon."

"I see. that's good. We can't have you dying on us."

"Huh?"

"I have circumstances too." There was a short pause between them. "Hey, can I ask you one thing? How do you feel about Boruto?"

Sumire looked up at Mitsuki, "what do you mean?"

"Inojin said you probably feel the most stress," Mitsuki grinned.

"That's not true!" Sumire shouted. She shrunk back after she spoke again. "Sure, there's trouble in class and I'm always panicking. But it's kinda of fun with Boruto around, right?"

Mitsuki didn't say a word. He sort of pondered for a bit.

"What about you?"

"Me? I don't really know yet."

Sumire seemed a bit more serious, "Do you have family, Mitsuki-kun?"

"As far as I know..."

"I see..." Sumire looked down, "I'd thought all along you were like me.".

Mitsuki looked up at the girl, "You don't have family?"

"No, they all died. My father was a ninja too, but I'm not skilled like my father was..." Sumire looked out the window. "That's why I was always unsure and straining so hard to make it. But being in this class with everyone. Before I knew it, it's become so much fun. Sometimes I wonder what was I doing all this time..."

"Hey," Mitsuki spoke. "How do you feel about the person who did that to you?"

Sumire took a second to reply. "I don't know, but I want this to be over quickly. That's how I feel..."

Mitsuki nodded. He was about to say goodbye to Sumire but the girl said something. "Do you know Haruko Saitou?"

Mitsuki's eyes widen. "Yeah, why?"

Sumire looked down, looking a bit more sad than she was before. "I heard you took her from the Hidden Rain over here. Is that true?"

Mitsuki nodded. "Is there something wrong?"

"It's just that we . . . we were friends. I used to live in the Hidden Rain. She had, what you would call, trouble at home with her clan. She never really was home. She was always out training. The only person who she actually loved was her mother."

The last sentence surprised both of them as Sumire covered her mouth and looked ashamed of herself. "I'm sorry. I wasn't suppose to reveal that much information!"

"No, it's okay," Mitsuki said. "Did something happen to her mother?"

"I can't say! Haruko really hates any mention of her family and I promised not to spill anything," Sumire frowned. "Please, don't tell her I told you."

Mitsuki nodded, "I promise."

-•-

Haruko sat outside her house. Even though she lives alone, an apartment wasn't her best interest. It was filled with strangers in the same building and paying her rent weekly or monthly wasn't very cool for her. It wasn't a big house either. Just a small 2-story house with a porch. It was relaxing for her to finally be at home in peace.

A familar white snake appeared in front of her. This time, she stared at it. She let her finger out in front of her and the snake licked her finger.

"I see you're outside again." Haruko looked up to see Mitsuki hanging upside on her roof.

"I see you're near my house again," Haruko grinned. "What do you want now? Trying to move me back into the Rain?"

Mitsuki chuckled, "no, I'm just a little curious about you, Haruko Saitou."

Haruko narrowed her eyes at the boy. "That's none of your business." The snake slithered onto her arm.

"I heard about your clan, Saitou. It's one of the best clans in the Hidden Rain, right?" asked Mitsuki.

"I said it's none of your business, y'know!" Haruko shouted. Mitsuki simply smiled.

"Why would you leave your family behind and live all by yourself?" Mitsuki dropped down to the ground.

Haruki simply glared at the blue haired boy. "Because I can! Besides, I can always invite a roommate."

Mitsuki walked closer to Haruko. His golden eyes seemed thirsty for information. "I know there's something going on with your family. You can tell me."

"I can't tell anyone anything anymore!" Haruko shouted. "I know Sumire told you about my mother. I was eavesdropping on your conversation. You can't blame her for telling. She cracks when she talks about something deep. I'm not telling you anymore information of my family."

Mitsuki nodded. "I understand. I don't really like talking about my parent either."

Haruko frowned, "is it because Orochimaru's your dad?"

"It's . . . because of other reasons. I would tell you but right now may not be a good time."

Haruko tilted her head in confusion. "Why not?"

Mitsuki gave a closed eye smile. "It's getting pretty late, huh? I'll tell you tomorrow."

Before Haruko can say anything, Mitsuki disappeared. Haruko was left in the dark, wind blowing her hair. The girl looked up at the sky. A full moon was out with bright stars shimmering. It was like nothing Haruko has seen before.

Maybe Konoha wasn't so bad.

***

[author's note: IM ON A ROLL WITH THESE CHAPTERS

i changed Haruko's last name because miyako means beautiful and frankly her clan isn't very beautiful

saitou means purity and worship or whatever so i thought it would make sense.

WAIT YOU GUYS DONT KNOW ABOUT HER CLAN DOSKSKDLS DAMN

adios ]