xxvi. THE CONFERENCE

***

"So, Mister Saitou-"

"Call me, Daichi," the man said, trying not to sound sour.

The tension between the two family members was extremely tensed. Shino-sensei sat rather uncomfortably as the two sat the farthest they could on the couch. Both of them had the same stern expression.

"Er, Daichi," Shino-sensei began, "your daughter is performing extremely well. She surpassed most of her classmates and is tied with the Class Rep."

"I see." Haruko was too scared to see his expression.

"Though, her behavior sometimes is a bit distracting. She takes some of the lessons lightly. I don't mind, but I fear that it will affect her missions, if she wants to become a shinboi that is."

"I see..." Haruko bit her lip.

"I do want to become a shinobi," Haruko said.

"Oh? What kind?" Shino-sensei asked.

"I want to be the one everyone looks up to as a symbol of peace," Haruko grinned. "Sort of like a mother figure."

Shino-sensei smiled warmly. "Ah, I see. You would be the right person for that."

Haruko smirked. "I know."

-•-

"Mother figure?" Daichi grumbled. "Symbol of peace? What kind of world do you think you're living in? This isn't a fantasy, Haruko!"

Haruko frowned, looking down at her feet. "I just want to set a goal for myself. I didn't have to be fully true."

"Haven't I thought you not to make up such stupidity? Now, you've got that stupid mindset on your brother! I was trying to get him ready for head of the clan."

"You were trying to make him a clone of you!" Haruko yelled.

"Don't speak to me in such a tone!" Daichi roared back. Haruko kept her ground, her chin high.

"And you can't keep treating me like I'm a child! I've grown and I've set a future for myself! I'm not the little girl who played with water and do your chores!"

"Not if you're under my roof," Daichi grabbed Haruko's collar. "You're gonna come back with me whether you like it or not and I'm going to whip you back into the solider you're suppose to be. This disgusting, sad excuse of a village changed you into becoming one of them and I'm going to fix you."

"You're not," Haruko grit her teeth.

Daichi threw Haruko on the ground. "Better pack your bags now before I drag you back to the Rain."

Haruko got up, a kunai in her hand. "I beated you before and I'll beat you again!" Haruko got into fighting stance. "You won't take me away from my home!"

Daichi growled under his breath. "And I'll destroy your house so you'll have no where to go!" He began to form handsigns and Haruko charged at him but they suddenly couldn't move. It was as if they were paralyzed.

"Sorry, but fighting is prohibited in the village," Shikamaru said lazily. "Weapons and hands down."

Haruko dropped her kunai knife and Daichi dropped his hands.

"Good, now, will you two explain why you were about to fight?"

"Oh, we were just going to train-"

"No, he was going to take me back to the Rain for no good reason!" Haruko interrupted. "Not because he misses or whatever lovey-dovey stuff, but because he just wants to torture me!"

Daichi fake gasped. "I would never-"

"He has a whole record, yo!" Haruko quickly said. "H-He came unauthorized and attacked my home! That was all over the news, remember? He isn't call the Red Assassin for nothing, yo!"

Shikamaru could feel the uneasy dementor around them and sighed. He stopped the jutsu on Haruko but not on Daichi. "Sir, we're going to have a little talk with you with our policemen. Come on."

"What?! You're taking the child's side? She's spilling nonsense and she doesn't know any better than to lie!" Daichi protested. "I'm innocent!"

"We didn't even accuse you of any crimes," Shikamaru muttered, sweatdropping.

Haruko watched with a slight smile on her face. "Wait a minute, why hasn't he been locked up yet? That's so stupid to let a murderer walk around the streets."

She turned around, walking back home. Her home, of course. It wasn't Daichi's home or Daiki's or even Mitsuki's. It was her home. "I pay rent therefore it's my home." The moment she became a shinobi, she would be an actual citizen of the village instead of some outsider.

***

[ author's note: sorry for the short and shitty chapter. I'll make it up with the genin exams. I'll also edit it later on when i have time. i just really want to get to the genin exams :)))

wow im writing about the genin exams when the chunin exams are approaching quickly. but, they're very close to each other. it's only like ten episodes later and it's almost here. i'm excited to see some scenes they couldn't put in the movie.

also, my crush doesn't like me w00ps :/ my christmas wish is gone. idk why im sharing this online but whatever. i don't need a man in my life >:,)))) i'm an independent woman.

i'm running out of mitsuki gifs. i have some with his headband on but i want to use those after the genin exams. idk if i used this gif before but i most likely did when we were at the nue arc.

question: are you sh00k about white zetsu?

answer: i've been falling behind on my naruto episodes but i heard that sasuke destroyed white zetsu?? black zetsu was sealed away with all mighty white lady, right? wait, maybe that's why we're going to see sasuke in tomorrow's episode! that makes so much sense.

my spring break started btw!! idk if i mentioned this but i can finally update more.

like, share, comment, subscribe ]