xlii. HELL

***

The doctors didn't let any guest other than family to go into Ichiro's room, making Haruko upset. She watched the rest of the matches in such edgy way that it could make Shinki cry. Eiji had gotten mysteriously injuried when he was walking down the stairs. He claims it was his fault, but she knew too well who it was.

Before Haruko went upstage, Mitsuki and her had a private talk. It went smoothly, but it was extremely tense.

"Mitsuki, I don't know if I could control my anger. Hell, I got angry on our stupid haunted mansion mission that wasn't even that serious. I don't know what the hell is happening to me."

Mitsuki held her hand. "The only harmful effect it has for you is passing out and chakra loss. It's going to be fine, trust me."

"You always say that."

"Aren't I always right?" Mitsuki pulled her close to him. "You're strong. You're powerful. You can bring anyone down if you wanted to. Plus, didn't you promise Sumire you'll win?"

Haruko let her head fall on Mitsuki's chest. "Mmmh, why is this so emotional and difficult?"

Mitsuki stared up at the television screen. "It's almost your time to go up. We should head back."

"Damn, I'm up against him," Haruko whispered. "Mitsuki, I'm actually scared. I've never been scared for a fight in so long. He's going to do something so much worse to me."

"What caused him to have such hatred for you?" Mitsuki asked, letting go of the girl's body and walked her down the hallway.

Haruko shrugged. "He had this gigantic crush on me since the moment he met me. Since I didn't like him, he wanted to bully me into having a relationship with him." Mitsuki paused, making Haruko turn to him in confusion. "What?"

"He abused you so that you would become his girlfriend?" Mitsuki asked. Haruko was surprised but also not. It's normal for boyfriends to be jealous at other guys, but Mitsuki wasn't human. He was a completely different being with a different frame of mind. She zipped her mouth shut and nodded. Dang, I shouldn't have mention that.

"We'll continue this conversation later. I have to go," Haruko smiled softly, kissing Mitsuki's cheek. "Wish me luck, 'tsuki!"

Now, Mitsuki was terrified.

"Haruko Saitou of the Hidden Leaf versus Aiko Tanaka of the Hidden Rain." Haruko's lip trembled. "Begin!"

Haruko tried to jump away, but Aiko was quicker. He punched Haruko's stomach, making her cough out spit. Air was knocked out off her lungs in such a violent way, she thought she was going to die. Haruko stumbled backwards, wiping her mouth.

"Weak," Aiko whispered in her ear. Haruko was stunned at the speed Aiko came at her. Her feet was swept off the ground and a knee came in contact with her face.

Haruko nearly fell when her eyes had woken up. Her eyes quietly shone through her bangs as her body forced herself up. Damn it! This is being broadcasted countrywide! Everyone's going to see my eyes. She felt blood drip down from her face.

"Your eyes won't do shit." Aiko made a few handsigns, giving Haruko the opportunity to jump away. Pain flooded her entire body, making her groan outloud. Okay, I'm controlling myself at the moment. Hopefully, I can do this the entire time.

"Water Style: Roaring Waters!" Haruko dodged the dashing speed of water that headed her way. Aiko managed to get behind the girl and kicked her back, sending her flying towards the ground.

"Pathetic," Aiko smirked. Haruko stood back up, her head hanging down. She coughed up blood, her body aching. "Don't worry, I'll get rid of that silly headband of yours."

Half of the crowd was silent and the other half was screaming bloody murder. Eiji couldn't even watch the screen without feeling like complete shit for not being there for his teammate. What Haruko didn't know was that Daiki was there watching the game the whole time. "By the way, I'm the reason why the Hyuga couldn't participate in the semi-final."

Aiko kicked Haruko's headband off. Anger came back to her vision. Her forearm began to hurt severely as she regained her composure. Purple lightning surrounded her entire body. She glared at Aiko, making him shudder.

"Lightning Style: Thunder Clap." Haruko punched Aiko right in the stomach. Everything was slow at this first but then he was flung towards the wall. A loud thundery noise filled the stadium, causing the crowd do go nuts.

"W-Winner: Haruko Saitou of the Hidden Leaf!" Everyone is going wild. Sarada and Boruto jumping up and down, Daiki is screaming, ChoCho is scarfing down chips, Metal, Iwabe, and Denki are screeching and freaking out in the crowd, Sumire is shouting in excitment, Inojin is making sassy remarks, Eiji is shaking Ichiro's numb body. Hell, her father is surprised.

Haruko's injuried face slowly smiled, raising her fist in the air. She began to walk back to the waiting room, but she fell flat on the ground, unconscious. The medical ninja came in and took her in. Mitsuki stared at the girl, his heart sinking down to his stomach. Her face had dried blood, her eye bags have never looked more noticeable. All he wanted to do was to take care of her instead of fighting a match with someone incredibly strong.

"Mi . . . tsuki..." Haruko gasped out. Said boy immediately turned to the girl, concern written all over his face. "It's going to be fine, trust me."

Mitsuki's eyes widen, his lips parted. Haruko grinned before passing out again. He smirked, walking up to his opponent. I'll try my best for you, Haruko.

***

[ author's note: i was going to upload this before midnight to make 3 chapters in one day, but i failed :,((

oh whale. buT I CAAUGHT UP SKSKS YAYAYAYAYAYAY

okay this feels weird woah... like i never thought this day will come. i was usually 5 episodes behind and now im up to episode 60...

CLUELESS AND HOT, HERE I COME!!

like, comment, subscribe ]