xxxiii. RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS

***

It turns out Rin's clan was a clan similar to Haruko's clan. Both were known for their powerful shinobi. In the Kobayashi clan, the main family must be extremely strong or else they will be kicked from the family entirely. Rin was simply doing a mission her father assigned to her. It reminded Haruko a lot like herself.

"Dang, that really got me fired up!" Eiji shouted, throwing his hands in the air. They were sitting on a bench outside of a bar. Unfortunately, the three genin were underaged and had to sit outside while their sensei sat and dranked. There was a "business meeting" happening, but the three knew better than that. "I never had the opportunity to show off before. That was awesome!"

Ichiro nodded, his arms crossed. "I wish missions like this happened often. Now, we'll have to go back and do such low classed missions like finding lost animals. I mean, it's still helpful to our futures, but there isn't much fun with those."

Haruko lightly shook the cup of water in her hand. "Yeah. I bet Mitsuki and everyone else had lame first missions while we had a badass one like fight some weirdos and solve a mystery." Haruko's face suddenly lit up. "Woah, we got to do those missions you only see in missions!"

"I like how the first person you thought from the Konoha is Mitsuki~"

"Oh, we're still not over this?!"

"We'll tease you till the day we die," Eiji smiled. He poked the girl's shoulder. "So, have you guys done anything naughty?"

"We're 12!"

Ichiro rolled his eyes. "Well, have you guys done anything romantic? You know, like going out and buying flowers and all that lovey-dovey stuff."

Haruko blushed slightly. "Yeah, but not recently..."

Eiji dramatically gasped. "What?! Why?"

"He's been so busy with training and he's been hanging out with Boruto and the guys," the girl shrugged awkwardly. "It's also my fault since I don't even hint that I want to go out and do relationship sort-of things."

There was a strange aurora on the right of her. Eiji and her turned to see Ichiro, fire burning in his eyes. The two sweatdropped. "Of course your relation isn't progressing! You two are just too ignorant of dating!"

"Since when do you know about relationships?" Eiji asked. "Last time I checked, you failed to ask out–"

"Rule #1: The girl must signal that she was the relationship to go further," Ichiro ignored his brother. "If you don't act like you want to go out, then he will think you're uninterested! Mitsuki is stupid to these sort of things, so you got to be the man of the relationship."

Haruko frowned. How was she suppose to do that? She's a terrible actor! She'll look stupid in front of Mitsuki and make herself embarrassed. And how can she be the man of the relationship when she's a girl?

"Rule #2: Show interests in things. If Mitsuki sees that you like food, he'll take you out to a ramen restaurant or something."

Kaito came out of the bar, looking buzzed. He mumbled happily as he took a huge swing of sake and sighed. "Oh, Haruko is having boyfriend troubles?" He hiccuped. "Oh, you're young. Do whatever the hell you want. One day, you'll be alone at the age of 25 and think 'damn, I was such a pussy for not fucking him–'"

"Double L-sensei, that's not helping at all."

"I'm not saying you two should have sex, of course. I'm just saying that you should have a little fun. Tease him a bit. Make him want you," Kaito took another sip. "I know you're not that type of person so it'll take a while, but just go and make out with him. Life is just a short, meaningless, memory if you don't live to the fullest."

Eiji shuddered. "Damn, Double L-sensei, who hurted you?"

He smiled softly, his underbags making the smile less cute. "Get your man, you loser."

Haruko nodded. "I will."

–•–

It had been a couple of days since Mitsuki had gotten back from his mission. He didn't go out much except for when Konohamaru called them out for training or missions. He hadn't seen Haruko since he got back from his first mission. He began to worry, which was something that was never good. One was because Mitsuki never gets worried. He could careless about anything unless something happens to his suns.

Mitsuki paced around his house, thinking hard. His mind quickly shifted back to the memory of Boruto, Sarada, and him. On their trip back to the Hidden Leaf, Boruto asked a question about Haruko and his relationship. The conversation then led to Sarada shaking her head at Boruto's "amazing dating advice" and how Mitsuki wasn't acting the role for a perfect boyfriend.

What if what Boruto said was actual advice? Maybe I should go and make myself presentable for Haruko. . . Mitsuki stopped in his tracks. He wishd he only just smiled and said that everything was going well, but he couldn't resist the urge to talk about his girlfriend. Wait, this isn't like me...

Mitsuki was the chill and collective type of person. He wasn't one to overthink. Even if he wasn't human, he still had the basic emotions. He just chose not reveal them all willy-nilly like Boruto or Haruko.

Numerous loud knocks on the day woke up him from his thoughts. He walked over to the door and opened it slightly. Unexpected vistors never happened. A gloved arm pushed the door forward, revealing a short, tired Haruko.

"Hey," she smiled softly. "It's been a while, huh?"

"Yeah, what happened?" asked Mitsuki, inviting the girl in. She kindly accepted and began taking off her ninja sandals.

"The mission we had was . . . troublesome," Haruko grinned sheepily, scratching the back of her head. "It took us a while and it's a long story. You have time?"

"I have all the time in the world for you," Mitsuki whispered, taking in Haruko's hand and dragging her away from the door. The girl giggled, her red hair flowing behind her.

The two really did belong with each other.

***

[ author's note: ahhh it doesn't help at all that i wrote a chapter about love and for the past two days, people have been talking about marriage and love and shit. 00f mbn to have a bf :/

i got to take an algebra test tomorrow, which will be horrible cuz the study guide we were doing today in class made me realize what a complete dumbass i am. i just remembered what the fuck a vertex form is. oh, i can remember exactly what i did on march 13, 2018 but i can't remember what a vertex form is.

like, comment, subscribe ]