birds of a feather (Winged!Ink x reader)

Feathers,god why were there so many goddamn feathers?!

"Ink are you doing crafts again?" you called out from the hallway to only see a trail of white feather into Ink's room which he rented from you.

You knock on his door.

There was a sudden panic and a thud from the door.

"Ink?" you called again a little worried "you okay?"

"Yep n-never better" he said to you through the muffled door then a sound of a paint bucket falling "son of a bitc-"

"Ink are you sure?" you asked leaning against the door "don't make me come in there"

"No!" Ink yelled followed by a crash.

You rolled your eyes as you pulled a spare set of keys from your pockets,you always keep at least ten spare because of how often your skele friend loses them.

"I'm coming in---"

"Wait (y/n) please don't!" he shouted in a distressed tone.

But it was too late as you enter the room to only be met with a mess and of course Ink....with Giant ass wings.

"Correct me if i'm wrong,but you didn't have wings yesterday did you?" you said rubbing your eyes making sure you were dreaming.

"Um..no?" Ink nervously reacted his white wings lowering in shame.

"I mean--it's not bad!" you corrected yourself "i just didn't think you would have,y'know actual feathers"

Ink pretended to be hurt "are you implying that skeletons can't have feathers?" as he turned and accidently whacked you with his wings.

"Oh my god--i am so sorry!" he apologised as you spat out a mouthful of feathers.

"I now see your problem " you said pulling out a feather from your hair. "c'mon Inky let go somewhere that isn't a cramp bedroom"

You lead him to the living room which was much bigger than that cramp closet.Ink sat on the couch trying to keep his wings as close to him as possible in hopes he won't whack you.

"I won't lie i'm kinda jealous, i've always wanted wings as a kid" you admitted,the idea of having wings intrigued you so much as a kid that you believe that you could actually fly if you flapped your arms fast enough.Your childhood was strange.

"As much as i can appreciate the aesthetic of these wings,they're useless to me!" he grunted in annoyed tone as he wings twitched slightly.

You rolled your eyes,you know Ink is constantly worried about Error running about destroying AUs left and right but you knew that if Ink tried to fight in this condition he would be beaten into the next multiverse.

"Well...the best we at least fix you up" you stated "and clean up this mess"

"Let me help (y/n)! I'm the one who this mess" he insisted standing up causing more feathers to fly around your house.

"No! No you say there,I'll clean this up" You ordered him to sit to which he sighed in defeat,sitting back onto the couch.

You went to the closest to grab a broom and started sweeping up the mess.Ink watch as you cleaned the floor,he felt bad for not helping you because it was his fault even though he has no idea how it happen he still felt terribly bad.

After an hour of just cleaning the living room,you went into your very small kitchen and quickly made some tea,letting the kettle boil as you took a metal bucket from the cupboard and went back into the living room,placing it in front of Ink.

"Was this for?" Ink asked pointing to the metal bucket.

"Well, i'm no expert on birds..or winged skeletons,but i believe that you're molting" you informed,sitting next to him.

Ink gave a look of defeat,grabbing a feather from the couch and chucking it into the bucket.you curiously plucked one of his misshapen feather to which he yelped as more feather flew everywhere.

"Sorry!" you apologised,rubbing the part you plucked to which he flinched.

"Does it...hurt?" you asked.

"No it's..fine!..it..it feels nice" Ink drawled yawning a bit,his wings lowering a bit.

You nodded as you shifted closer to him,he seemed to get what you were doing and he lifted his wing and pulled you closer.you were shoulder to shoulder with him but you did mind as you laid his wing on your lap,plucking out the loose feather.

"You know..once you've finished shedding,you could learn how to fly" you Proposed,imaging the idea of Ink flying,soaring with you in his arms.

"Hmm..that's nice"Ink yawned laying his head on his shoulder.having wings so suddenly must've put his body into shock and exhausted him.

"I have to thank you for the feathers, now i can make some pillows" you chuckled as Ink hummed in responds.

Ink cuddled you wrapping you in his wings,nuzzling you neck.as much as he wants to figure out a cure,he's just too tired to care,he'll have to ask Science sans later but for now he justs wants to spend time with you.