when i don't remember you.. (nightmare sans x old! reader)

How long has it been..?

I feel like I've lost count of time

But I'm here now

Oh I can't wait to see you again

It's only a matter of time

Knock knock

——————————-

"Hey nighty!" A voice called making the the purple dressed skeleton look up from his book.

The skeleton smiled,leaning back against the tree and waved back.

"Long time no see (y/n)!" Nightmare greeted watching you run your way up the hill to the tree he usually sat.

"I knowww" you huffed out trying to catch your breath as you sat next to him "with Dad gone it's kinda up to me to step in"

"I would love to help you but..you know" Nightmare awkwardly shrugged,closing the book and setting it down "i rather not have be impaled the minute i step foot into the village"

"Yeah yeah" you sighed before quickly changing the topic "so uh how's your brother been?"

Nightmare smiled "he's been alright,went to the bakery for a bit" he fiddles abit with his own hands "from what i heard they've made a new type of bread,it seems to be selling pretty good"

"Ah yeah i heard,next time i'll bring some!" you exclaimed "it'll be our little picnic!"

Nightmare blushed as he averted his eyes away from you "i appreciate it (y/n) but you don't have to do that for me"

You gently bap him on the face "stop being so selfless"

"Neverrrrrr" he jokely whined back.

You huffed in annoyance before noticing that against him was a leather book,it was a dark purple with a apple crescent on it.

"What's with the book there?" You asked pointing at it "looking up your family history?"

Nightmare blushed harder before hiding the book behind him "a-ah no it's a diary.." he admitted sheepishly "I don't want to bother you or my brother with my problems so I write them in there"

"Your not a bother Nighty!" You replied as you tackled hugged him and both of you fell onto the grass ground "your my friend and friends help each other no matter what!" you huffed looking up at Nightmare with determined eyes.

Nightmare teared up slightly before hugging you back,gently brush your messy hair.

"hehe..Thanks (y/n)" he sighed as purple blush dusted across his face.

"Oh! That reminds me!" you sit up reaching into one of your pockets "i have a gift for you!"

Nightmare sits up as well "you do?"

"Yep but there's a catch"

"Okay..?" he looked at you very confused.

"You gotta close your eyes nighty"

"Is this another human tradition?" he asked

"Kinda but close your eyes"

Nightmare closed his eye sockets,curious what you have in store "like this?"

"Perfect!"you said, Nightmare could hear something rattle from your pockets "now hold out your hands"

Nightmare did what he was told,he felt your warm hands come into contact with his boney cold hands,causing heat to rise up to his cheeks.