Chapter 1|Zombie Age

Do correct my spelling and grammar mistakes if there are any. I'd appreciate the help.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"Good lord, kill it!" she shouted, looking at the infected boy.

"That's my son!" He wanted to cry, he couldn't move. After a pole fell on his leg, it felt numb.

"He's not your son anymore! He's one of those now!" she took his gun while shaking. And then,

*BAM*

She shot the undead child through his head.

"Y-You monster. . ." he cried.

"I-I. . . I'm sorry. . ." She fell down on her knees and cried in guilt and fear, looking at child. They were once quite close. He was already gone when he turned, but she felt responsible for his death.

●●

"Gray! We're out of eggs! Here's the list of groceries needed," a blonde girl told her shirtless housemate. They met in High School and have been living together to save money. They're just friends, though. Best friends.

"It's your turn this week, Lucy!" he shouted, clicking the buttons on his controller.

"Fine. But you're doing the dishes tonight!" she yelled, as she grabbed her handbag.

Lucy entered her car and started driving to the grocery store. Even though the grocery store was near, she decided to turn the radio on.

"Everybody should leave California immediately. There have been rumors about a zombie apocalypse! I didn't believe them until I saw one! But please leave immediately for your own saf--" she turned it off. She doesn't fall for those stupid pranks. April was near, they're probably setting something up for April Fools Day.

As soon as she got there, she heard shrieking and screaming coming from the grocery store. Lucy is quite the curious person, but she's also too afraid to check. She made up her mind to go and check. Immediately, she regret.

She saw a man with blood all over him taking out the intestines of a woman, and devouring them. Lucy felt disgusted and wanted to vomit. When the man turned around, she yelled, because of his horrific face. The man started charging towards her, but she ran to her car before he could get her, and started driving as fast as she could to her house

She ran inside and slammed door shut. She didn't wait a second to lock it and run to Gray's room. "Gray!"

"Lucy! What happened?! Why are you crying?!" Gray asked in concern

"I-I saw a man eating a woman's organs! At the grocery store! He came chasing after me next, b-but I drove back as fast as I could! I think he followed me! He didn't even look like a man!" she said so fast, but Gray understood her well.

He ran downstairs to look out the window and saw the man banging on Lucy's car. He immediately said the first thing that came to his mind.

"He's a zombie!"

"What?" Lucy asked. She knew her friend is a gamer (who can be a nerd at times), and she, herself, watches zombie shows, but she couldn't take him seriously.

"He looks like a zombie, Lucy. Trust me! Look at his skin!"

"The guy on the radio did say something about an apocalypse or something-- Wait. Don't tell me that we have to survive like in the movies and games! Oh, God, please tell me this is all a drea- OW!" Gray pinched her.