Chapter 11|Night Talks

Do you guys remember when I wrote the Fernandez Siblings + Kagura Group played UNO in the middle of nowhere with zombies lurking around, probably? Yeah, well, now that I think about it, it's quite stupid, but um, I WAS HAVING WRITERS BLOCK AT THAT TIME.

AND I SAW MY UNO DECK ON MY TABLE, AND I WAS LIKE, "Hey. Maybe I should just write that." There's another scene I wanna talk about below. So read this chap or just skip to find out, if you care. . . (I am awkward)

Anyways, y'all are gonna hate me for the ship moments below.
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

It was nighttime. The group decided that Zeref and Erza will stay up for four hours, and the next four hours will be guarded by Sting and Gray. It was still Zeref and Erza's turn, though. Just one more hour and they can go to sleep.

That night was silent, other than the sounds of the fire, that Natsu made, burning the sticks and Zeref playing with rocks in boredom. "Sometimes I worry for Natsu."

Erza turned her head at him. "Why?"

"Do you have any siblings, Erza?"

"Well, my best friend was 2 years younger than me and we treated each other like sisters, if that counts," Erza said, while sharpening her katana.

"I guess so." Zeref's eyes went to the flame from the stones in his hands. "That day. . ." He closed his eyes and leaned on the tree behind him, "That day when we met our first zombie. . . It wasn't just a random zombie, it was his girlfriend." Erza's eyes went wide.

"How?"

"He wanted me to meet her. When we reached the park. . . It was oddly empty, but she was there. Her back was facing us. Natsu went nearer to her and called her. When Natsu touched her, she turned around-- a-and the horror in his eyes, that scared me. It's a good thing it didn't traumatize him. But I know he thinks of her sometimes. He misses her. . ."

"I don't think you should worry much. Like Gray, I think Natsu's interested in Lucy," Erza chuckled. He responded with a chuckle of his own.

"How did you meet your first zombie?" Zeref asked with interest.

"I thought I told you before?"

"Oh, wait. Yeah. Sorry. I remember now. You and your friend went camping to get you to forget about your ex, but you met some zombies when you haven't even set up camp yet," he repeated his memory. "I'm just wondering, why were there people in the forest with you?"

"It's a sight that's best known to campers."

"Oh."

"I know she and I are going to be reunited one day. I just have a feeling. But at the same time, I'm not sure." She stopped sharpening her katana and examined it.

"I'm sure you two will see each other again. Every survivor has to be in a group by now. Probably with random people, friends, or family."

●·●·●

"God, I need help," she said to herself in a low voice. Her throat was dry and she could barely walk with the bruises she received from a fight with a few zombies earlier. Her chainsaw is slowly out of fuel and she's stranded in the middle of nowhere. How unfortunate can her life get?

She always thought she'd survive a zombie apocalypse, but it hasn't even been two months and she's already dying. She was expecting to be in a group just like in the movies and games she watched and play. But reality is always the opposite of expectations.