Chapter 10|Reasons To Survive

HAHA. LATE UPDATE AGAIN. AS ALWAYS.

My bad. . .

Also, I'm gonna talk a lot about Webtoon down there.
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"Zeref?" Natsu called. His brother turned his head to him. "I'm hu--"

"Don't," Zeref said, cutting of his whines.

"Jerk." Sulking, he crossed his arms over his chest and turned away from his brother. Gray shook his head and turned to Lucy. She looked like she was searching for something in her bag of supplies.

"Here." She handed Natsu a packet of biscuits with a smile. He gasped with a grin and happily thanked her. Lucy then caught Gray smirking at her. "W-what?" His response was wiggling his eyebrows at her, making her to roll her eyes. "I'm just being nice."

"That doesn't convince me."

"You know what? Before assuming or doing something so idiotic, put on a shirt first!" she yelled in annoyance.

Gray looked down. "Ack! Where did they go?"

"You know? Sometimes I wonder. What really is the point of surviving," Yukino said out of blue. Her boyfriend looked at her. "It's just, we don't really have a goal."

"Are you saying you. . . You want to commit suicide?" Erza asked with wide eyes.

"N-No! Of course not. . . I meant, before this, we had goals, like future careers or something, but now. . ." She looked at the ground with sadness filled in her eyes. She quickly looked back up to meet her companions' eyes and said, "I'm sorry. I must be really tired. Just forget what I--"

"Isn't surviving the current goal?" Natsu asked.

"Well, yes, but for what reason?" Lucy replied.

"I have my reason," Erza said. "My reason is to find my best friend," she told. "I just hope she's okay and alive. I'm sure she is, though. She's really good in combat."

"She could be in group, too." Zeref gave her a smile. "Speaking of reasons to survive, my reason is to find my wife. She's a bit far, but I know we'll reunite. We always do," he mumbled the last sentence with grin as he looked up to the grey sky.

"It seems that all of you have your reasons," Yukino said. "I wonder if I'll find mine," she sighed.

"Of course you will. Everyone will!" Natsu grinned. "Hey, Lazy?"

"It's 'Lucy', you imbecile!" She yelled, kicking him.

"U-uh, right. So I wanted to ask," he paused. Just as she thought he was going to ask her her reason to live, he just had to ask a stupid question. "Do you have any more food?"

"Shut up!"

"Hey. I figured out my reason!" Gray announced. Everybody's attention turned to him. "To see how Natsu and Lucy's romantic journey will go." He burst in laughter afterwards. Lucy gave him a glare and her famous 'Lucy kick', causing him to held on to his stomach for a while.

"Some best friend, you are," Lucy said with her hands on her hips. "And like I said, before doing something idiotic, put on a shirt first!"

"I can't! They're gone!" He replied.

"You're hopeless," Sting commented.