Chapter 3|Food

“We're here,” Sting said, while he opened the door to his log house.

“Your house is quite neat,” Lucy said, as she entered the living room and sat on a sofa.

“I'm thirsty. Where's the water?” Gray asked.

“Kitchen. They're room temperature, though,” Sting told.

“Thanks.”

“Sting-Sama. You're back,” a woman with short, white hair came down the stairs and hugged Sting.

“Yukino!” Sting shouts, as he hugged her tightly.

Yukino smiled. She only noticed that they had guests, after she let go of her boyfriend. “Hello, there. I'm Yukino Aguria,” she greeted Lucy.

“Lucy Heartfilia,” Lucy replied.

Gray comes out of the kitchen and introduced himself.

“Where's Rogue, dad and uncle Skaidrum?” Sting asked, while placing his weapons on the coffee table.

“They went to get more food,” Yukino answered.

“Well, Lucy and Gray’ll be staying with us for now. They said, their home is now filled with zombies, so they had to run,” Sting said, sitting beside Lucy.

“So did you make dinner already?” Gray asked.

“Manners, Gray!” Lucy said.

“It's fine, Lucy-Sama. We only have canned food, so I can make baked beans. We don't have much bread, so each person gets a bread,” Yukino said.

“Darn it. I'm really starving, but it's fine,” Gray said.

Suddenly, the door flew open. “Yukino! We're back!” a man with white hair shouted, as he entered the living room. He then saw his son, Yukino, and Lucy. “Sting. You're back. Who’s she?” he asked, not feeling happy with the guest. They only had little food, so more people means more mouths to feed.

“Dad, they are survivors I met outside the forest a week ago. Their home was filled with zombies, so they ran way. They were low on water and food, and they didn't have shelter, so I invited them,” Sting explained.

“I'm Lucy Heartfilia,” she introduced.

“Did you say “they” ?” Sting’s father asked, ignoring Lucy. Lucy felt a tiny bit hurt.

“Weisslogia?” Gray called, as he came out of the kitchen.

“Gray? What are you doing here? Are you one of the survivors Sting told me about?” Weisslogia asked.

“Yeah. Lucy’s my best friend. We lived together since we finished college to save money,” Gray told.

“Oh. . . I thought you guys were a thing. . . My bad,” Yukino said.

“Oh, no. It's fine. Many people make that mistake. I only see Gray as my brotherly-best friend,” Lucy said.

“Oh, well, since it's Gray Fullbuster, I guess we could use you in the group,” Weisslogia said.

°°°~~***~~°°°

They walked towards the town, but it was suspiciously quiet.

“Maybe we should turn back,” Levy said, felling scared.

“Are you kidding? I'm starving, you're starving- we need food!” Gajeel replied, running towards a store. A sports necessities store.