Chapter 14|Pressured

I was supposed to update on Wednesday, but I also updated one of my other books, so I thought if updated this at the same time, I wouldn't have anything to update anymore.

So uh, here you go. Enjoy!
--------

Lucy hated this. It felt like a nightmare. She always thought a zombie apocalypse is just a funny story-- it's just a thing to make people get frightened or curious and imaginative. Or even happy. People like Gray happen to like these zombie things.

Even though she kind of ran away from home, she hated running literally. She never liked races. Every time Gray raced her, she would always lose. She could never match his speed. Although, she did win him twice before.

All she wanted was for this horrid dream to end. She wanted to wake up to the morning breeze on her comfy bed. Even if it was Monday, she'd rather that nightmare than this nightmare. It is just full of violence and gore. And loss.

Most of the people that have not turned probably lost track of time from being too busy with surviving. No one was sure if it was a Tuesday, or a Wednesday. If someone was actually still keeping up, that would be a shock.

And at the moment, Lucy knew she was going to collapse any second. A part of her mind told her, no, but it was too much pressure as her legs started shaking. She looked back and saw that the three men were still chasing them. She felt as if they were aiming for her in particular.

Being too distracted with her worriness, she lost her step and fell.

"Lucy!" both Natsu and Gray yelled as they turned around to run to her. She wanted to tell them to just leave her and save themselves. Even though it was cliche, it was still the right thing to do. A part of her wanted to be saved, though.

Natsu reached her first and helped her up, but her ankle was twisted. It was hard limping really fast and Natsu knew the men were catching up. The first thing that came to his mind was throw her over his shoulder, but he thought that was too rough and went with carrying her in his arms instead.

"I thought you'd be heavier," he admitted as he started running forward.

"Excuse me?!"

Seeing that the two of them were fine, Gray kept running forward too after saying, "you do kinda look fat, Lucy!"

"What kind of best friend are you?!" she yelled.

"An honest one!"

"Well, I'm going to be honest too and say that your shirt is gone!" He looked below him and cursed himself, because she was right.

"Hurry up!" Zeref yelled.

Soon, they left the building through the back door. Zeref quickly sealed it with a rack that was placed outside for some reason.

It was pretty scary knowing that you were running for your life literally. Lucy would do anything just to go back in time and laugh with her friends while they eat ice creams in delight. It was a good feeling. She had nothing to worry about other than her rent. And now, she has to worry about everything in order to live.

By the time the men that were chasing them was done struggling with the door, Lucy and the others had already escaped.

Natsu put her down and sat next to her before sighing in relief as he and the others panted. Erza bent her body to hold onto her knees in order to balance herself.

"We need to keep moving, or else they'll catch us again," Zeref told.

"I really can't move," Yukino said.