Chapter One:Wedding bells ring

"We were just kids when we became best friends not even knowing what that title meant. Together, we've cried tears of mascara in the bathroom and made so many memories. We've snuck through our bedroom windows and walked to winter parties wearing only God knows what. You've been with me during my best and worst times including the time I didn't even know I was being dumped by my boyfriend. You know so much about me, I don't think there's anyone who knows me better than you do and through all that, I've grown to love you more like a sister than a best friend.

You're taking a huge step in your life by getting married to the love of your life. It has always been your dream to walk down the aisle and wed the man of your dreams. I remember one time in senior year when you tied a bed sheet on your waist pretending it was the tail of your wedding dress and made me throw flowers at you. Now your dream has come true and I can't help but be more than happy for you Kirsty. Remember when you said your wedding would also be my wedding?Yeah, I feel like it's also my wedding because my main bitch is getting married.

I wish you all the happiness in your marriage hun. Get so many babies, I want to be a god mother to many many of your kids because it was a promise you made me. So everyone, let's toast to the bride and groom."By the time I am done with my speech ,almost everyone is in tears, including my pathetic excuse of an ex boyfriend. I continue putting on a show for the sake of Kirsty because I did not want to cause drama on the day she had always dreamt of. She is still my best friend even after her betrayal and all I want is to see her happy.

After delivering my speech I go to take a seat. I can't wait to go home to my bed, my feet are killing me. Massaging them softly, I drink from the wine glass before I see David making his way over to me.

"Pinky, "he says.

"Stone, "I reply rolling my eyes.

"That was a very uuuuhm.. What should I call it.. Very touching speech, "

"I don't want to talk to you. As a matter of fact I don't even want to see you. The mere sight of you makes me so sick, I feel like throwing up. All this is for Kirsty, so don't you think for a second that I'm doing this for you, "I reply venom clear in my voice.

"So all this was just for show? "

"Goodbye Stone, "I say walking away from him. Hugging Kirsty goodbye, I walk away from the venue. Just as I am about to wave down a taxi, I hear someone calling my name. I turn to look only to find David's parents walking towards me.

"Mr and Mrs Stone, how are you?"

"Pinky darling, how have you been? "

"I've been okay, thanks for the concern,"I reply curtly.

The looks they are all giving, how I knew those looks so well. They are all pitying me. I do not need their pity, I don't even need their sorry looks. All I need was for David and his family to stay the hell away from me but that would be impossible because the douche bag had just married my best friend. I internally roll my eyes at all the bullshit that is going on.

"What happened -"

"Mr and Mrs Stone I really need to get going ," I know what they were going to ask and don't want to give them a chance to finish their question.

"No honey, what really happened to what you had with David. All along we thought you were the one, "Mrs Stone asks.

"Why don't you ask your son because I'm just as confused as you are. Have a wonderful evening both of you, "I say walking away from them. The last thing my mind needs is to answer questions I have no clue about.

I quickly wave down a taxi, give the driver my address and speed all the way home.