Chapter Nine: It hurts that It hurts

Disclaimer:Things get a lil bit steamy towards the end of the chapter so if you're not one of those people who don't like such, don't read. I'd appreciate if you didn't rather than condemning me.
Enjoy y'all.

......................................................

It's funny how life has a funny way of proving to you over and over again, how untrustworthy some people are. Just when you thought you had gotten it all and that your life is finally back on track, boom! The worst thing happens. What's even worse is that you had seen it coming, it's like there was this gut feeling that always reminded you that soon enough they will all let you down, you just didn't know it would be this soon or the fact that you had nothing to do about it.

"Am I cursed!!??"

I yell out practically addressing nobody but my stupid self staring at me in the mirror.

Soon to be broken mirror because I don't think my anger can last long without causing a scene.

One week since Chelsea decided it was brave and really intelligent of her to break the ice and tell David that Mia was his. One week of me bumping into both Chelsea and Kirsty together. One week of them stopping dead in their tracks and turning their heads just to laugh at me. One full week of MY employees giggling every time I walk into a room full of them and whispering things that would have made me commit suicide but thank goodness for my thick skin, the words haven't gotten into me.

Okay. Well. Maybe just a little bit but it's nothing Pinky cannot handle.

I won't deny the fact that it stings, scratch that, it fucking hurts and the fact that it hurts hurts so much. Pinky never gets hurt. Ever since David's and Kirsty's betrayal, I've learned to build my walls so high, so nothing gets past them to my soul.

A chirpy Saturday afternoon and I'm still in my pajamas, my hair in the worst mess ever and my eyes bloodshot. Oh! And a bottle of wine in my hand.

Lord, can't a girl get a break from being hurt all the time?

I look like homeless Geoffrey for crying out loud. Mia has been asking me questions about David being her father and how comes he has another woman. The kid even had the guts to ask me if I'm really her mum! God knows I did all my best not to take her to her room and whoop her ass.

Honestly I don't even know what to tell her. I have anything to say. What makes me more furious is the fact that Chelsea showed up at her day care, picked her up and took her to David's place, with Kirsty. Of all people! My week couldn't have gotten any worse. I swear people keep wanting to make an enemy out of me when all I do is be nice to them and smile their way.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door followed by Damien's jaw dropping face popping his head in.

"Are you okay! " He asks and for a second, I want to slap his beautiful face just to get my point across.

Who finds a girl in such a condition and still has the nerve to ask her if she's okay?

My silence seems to answer his question because the next thing I know, I'm engulfed in a hug, strong masculine hands around me and his deep rich voice whispering words meant to make me feel okay. I just can't help the pool of tears that is making its way down my tear stricken face. I'm always acting strong before men, including David but it's something about Damien that always makes me let my guard down. Something about him that makes me feel like everything is going to be alright. But then it was the same way I used to feel around David and look at how those feelings slapped me hard in my face.

*******
Damien's sweet tongue somehow convinces me into going out and having fun. I take it as a distraction from everything that has been going on around me for the past one week. So I wore that fiery red dress that he picked for me from the closet which he said and I quote, " Baby put on that red dress so I can rip it off your body." I took his statement as a joke until we stumble two in the morning in my room, kissing the life out of each other. His touch, hot and fiery on my skin causes a wave of mind blowing emotions to go through my head. Strange yet familiar tingles explode through my whole body as he fights to be the one in control.

Uuuuh, fighting to be in charge are we.

His hands roam all over my body, quenching my thirst in a way no other man has. Which got me thinking, I've only been with one man, why the hell am I thinking about other guys?I feel like I'm on fire, just being around him and letting him continue to do the things he's doing to me.

He teasingly bites my lower lip and I gasp allowing him to get access to my mouth with his tongue. A low growl comes from his chest and it's right there that I know it's me making him feel that way. I mean how cool is that. He plants hungry kisses all over my face down to my neck and I can't help the high pitched moan coming from my throat.

He chuckles. He just chuckled. That fucker knows how good he's making me feel and he won't stop at anything till he hears me beg him for more. Angling my face towards him, I deepen the kiss while working on his shirt buttons. He isn't left behind in getting rid of clothes getting in our way because the next thing I know, my dress is being ripped off of my body and I'm left feeling exposed, standing there in just matching bra and panties which leaves no room for imagination.
He growls satisfactorily before making his way towards me and whispering, "The things I'm going to do to you, you won't ever forget me baby. "

I feel hot, like I've just been thrown in a room full of intense heat. Did the temperature rise by twenty degrees in the last ten minutes? Or did the air conditioner abruptly stop working because I can't breathe? Before I even form a sentence that's meant to answer him, he goes back to assaulting me with his tongue making the flood gate between my legs to open. I can literally feel the liquids making their way down my thighs. I almost want to beg him to take me right there and then, I don't care about the consequences.

Damien what are you doing to me? I almost want to ask him but my brain can't seem to form a single word and my mouth is too busy moaning to release a constructive sentence.

My heart is pounding, it's like it's also overwhelmed with all the things Damien is doing to me. He yanks his shirt and proceed to dropping his pants

He's so huuuuge. I gasp.
"So I've been told, "he says still chuckling.

My face flushes with embarrassment after realising I just said that loud. After tonight, I'm never looking him in the face again.

Leading us to my queen sized bed which seats in the middle of my room, I can't help but ask myself if this is really what I want. I am having a good time and Damien is a very good friend but are we ready to take the next step with Mia right in the room next to mine?

The moment he tries to pull my pants, I quickly jump from the bed making him yelp in surprise.
"What! "

"Uuuhm, nothing. I just don't think we are ready to take this step. We've barely gone to three dates and here we are wanting to you know, "I answer trying my best to cover myself from his prying eyes. Just minutes ago, I was helping him get rid of our clothes and now I'm here covering myself with what, a pillow! As if he hasn't seen enough of me naked to last him a life time.

"Dates don't matter. You know how I feel about you ever since we met," he says making his way towards me.

"Damien, I just cant"

And with that I walk into the bathroom. From a distance, I keep hearing him call my name,begging me to come back and that he'll not push me into something I don't want next time.