Chapter Eleven:You Want A Show,I'll Gladly Give You One!

We're snuggled up in our favourite arm chair watching Mia's favourite cartoon show on a local TV station. One hand is picking the popcorn from the large bowl between Mia and I, the other hand is busy increasing and decreasing the volume just to piss Mia off and from the angry scowl on her face it seemed to be doing it's job.

Yeeeeeiy.

"Mommy, I'm trying to watch you know," she whines giving me one of her angry looks. Smiling triumphantly,I throw the remote on the couch next to us and sigh dramatically ready to put on a show. After all,I learnt from the best. God bless you Kirsty.

"Baby,when I said we spend sometime together, I didn't mean we watch this boring cartoon of your choice. Plus you're just watching it for the tenth time for crying out loud,"

"But mommy, it's just the last time I'm repeating it. I won't watch it again. I promise," she says snuggling up on me. I know what she's doing and I'm not going to fall for it so I cock my head sideways to avoid looking at her. The moment she plants a sloppy wet kiss on my cheek, I come to the conclusion that little Mia just wants to bribe me out of changing the station.

"Okay baby. Let us just watch this other show. I promise it won't take long," I say,my big eyes glistening with hope. Mia sighs dramatically too. Aaaah,she also learnt from the best. I flip my hair to the back clearly enjoying the show she's putting on.

"Okay mommy. Do you though," she says snatching the bowl of popcorn from it's initial position between us. Okay,somebody been listening to Cardi behind my back. I almost want to laugh at her attempt to rap when something on the TV gains my attention.

I should have just watched Mia's rerun of her silly cartoon show. In fact I shouldn't have even suggested we change the TV station for me to watch my so called show. The moment I see our picture- Mia and I's- on the TV I immediately regret my decision of changing the station. But what difference would it have made anyway, this information would have reached me either way. We are making headlines,yeah sure anybody could see that, but the reason for capturing the entire town's attention doesn't please me at all.

"Mommy,what's wrong?" Mia asks after having already noticed my pale face. I want to cry,no scratch that, I want to scream on top of my lungs. I want to shout and ask why all my business was being paraded on the national television. It wasn't enough that they were already dragging my name in mud all because of their stupid search for more subscribers, they are dragging my daughter in it too. That alone is reason enough for me to fume in anger.

I can't believe those fucking assholes.

"Baby, go to your room for a while. I'll call you when dinner's ready,"

"But mommy-"

"Mia Taylor I said go to your fucking room. It doesn't take a fucking rocket scientist to understand that does it?"

I know I'm being angry at Mia for no reason and her flinching doesn't help my guilty conscience at all.

"Sweetie -" I say but she immediately cuts me when she raises her arm in front of my face. Look who's finally grown the balls to shut me down. On my fucking face!!

Before I could even add something else to my statement, Mia rushes upstairs and closes the door to her room. More like banging it,my ears almost hurt from that. Not only do I have to deal with the media snooping around my business,I also have to deal with my own daughter growing balls and shutting me down on my face. Great. So fucking great.

My attention goes back to the piece of news that is still making headlines on the TV. "Business woman and fashion designer Pinky Taylor has a five year old daughter," the nosey reporter exclaims,"News sources around her tell us that Pinky came back to this town,Cleveworth ofcourse, with her five year old daughter to attend her best friend's wedding who apparently was getting married to Pinky's long time boyfriend. Curiosity definitely gets the better part of people so they started asking who the baby daddy was."

I groan as I massage my temple. My head hurts  not only from all the news this reporter is reading but also from all the screaming she's doing. She acts as if I'm a fucking celebrity. What I'm I? The President's daughter. I almost want to laugh at the last part of my statement when David's picture appearing on the screen captures my attention. It still does. It has always captured my attention. I sigh inwardly glueing my eyes on the television.

"David Stone,multi billionaire has chosen not to say anything when it comes to matters concerning Pinky and her life. When we asked him whether he is the father of this child,he clearly warned us to stay away from Pinky and her life. We could have said he still has feelings for her had it not been for the Instagram photo he posted with his wife recently, captioning it' best months I've had so far with you'."

Best months huh! Please give a girl a break. It's a good thing his foul mouth didn't say Mia was his daughter because I swear to God I'd have chopped off his balls and fed them to him and his family.

"However, his wife had other things in mind because she offered to spill the beans," the reporter went on. I groan in frustration as the question I've been asking myself had finally been answered. Why was I even hurting my head with questions of who did it when the culprit has always been the queen bee roaming around my business? What was I even expecting? That the national government leaked the information that I had a daughter or that the immigration department announced to everyone in the town that I had arrived with a daughter. Seriously, my mind needs to chill. Even for just a second.

"Kirsty Stone, wife to David Stone told the media that her husband had been having a secret affair with her best friend ever since their days in highschool," the reporter who is smiling too hard,I pity her facial muscles, says.

What the fuck? No seriously. What the fuck?? David had an affair with me ever since our days in high school? Is this girl serious or she has gone out of her mind, or she's just crazy like I've always thought? I was David's first and only love in highschool. Hell,all of Cleveworth highschool knew we were sweethearts, even his parents and my mom knew that. So why is she painting me the man snatcher?

"Kirsty Stone goes ahead to tell us that Pinky left this town pregnant and later came back with a daughter who was David's according to her. She then said that Pinky is shameful to even hide such piece of information from David and that her and her husband were going to file for full custody of Mia Taylor. Now you're on the know,I'm Raina Radash."

These people sure don't have a heart,do they?They want to drag a five year old to court, knowing very well how this could affect Mia both psychologically and emotionally . It seems like they all want a piece of Pinky Taylor. The next thing I know,I'm dialing Kirsty's phone number and the moment she receives it I yell onto her phone," You piece of shit. You don't have a conscience do you?You want to drag my daughter to the court knowing very well how this could affect her. You want a show,I'll gladly give you one. " I hung up and threw my phone angrily on the floor not even caring that it could have cracked it's screen. Why I'm I even caring about the phone when I can afford ten at the same time.

Fuck them all.